Swank MS Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jphillips View Post
    Is gluten an irritant or an inflammatory food if you are not gluten sensitive? I really like these diets, I have checked into the Swank, the BBD, the MS Recovery diet, and the overcoming MS diet. The only problem I have with them is eliminating gluten. That's a whole food group. But if its causing inflammation then bye!

Can anyone tell me if its suggested to eliminate due to a gluten sensitivity or is there benefit to everyone to stay away from it?
    Benefit to EVERYONE!!

It makes the immune system behave badly.....not a good thing for anyone!
    NutritionTara
    Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

In addition to the websites already posted for the MS Recovery Diet and Best Bet Diet for MS, I found the URL for a paleo diet site in my bookmarks list: http://paleofood.com. The site has a definition page, book reviews and lots of recipes that are grain-free, bean-free, potato-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free. In other words, very paleo!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwings View Post
        In addition to the websites already posted for the MS Recovery Diet and Best Bet Diet for MS, I found the URL for a paleo diet site in my bookmarks list: http://paleofood.com. The site has a definition page, book reviews and lots of recipes that are grain-free, bean-free, potato-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free. In other words, very paleo!

Redwings,
        From many of your posts in the past, you appear to have the knowledge of someone with a medical background. Your posts are very well thought out and supported. As such I respect your opinion.

It appears that you support the approach of diet. I'm wondering generally about your opinion?
        Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Thank you, Twenty Miles! You can put my vote in the opinion column for "you are what you eat." Even when molecular mimicry and leaky gut are too complicated to deal with, that one always works.

Comment

Working...
          X