No announcement yet.

Dietary cleanse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Manchop. Since posting on this thread, I've done the castor pack (just this week, actually).

I decided not to try a cleanse.

I also have added more greens to my diet. And, in order to jump start my weight loss and get out of my plateau, I've been doing some calorie cycling. (Alternating days. Eating more calories one day, and fewer the next. Started that in November, actually.) It's been working well. I've been losing 5-7 lbs most months. Have lost 25 lbs since the middle of Setpember.

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi,
      You can also add Lemon to your water. That is a natural way to help cleanse garbage that is stuck in your system. You do not want to deplete your system of water you NEED it it will throw all your electrolites off big time. (Own experience)
      Lemon Juice also makes drinking more water easier. As I hate water.

Just think NATURAL. Eat what is found in nature and it makes a big diff.
      Dx'd RRMS 7/12/2010, Back in the Prob. Pile 2/1/2011 "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall”...Ray Bradbury

Comment

Yup, Rawk. I mentioned the lemon in the water earlier in this thread:
        http://www.msworld.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1263782&postcount=10

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by nutritiontara View Post
          The greens are alkalizing. The more alkaline the system the less 'harmful stuff' will survive. Most people don't get enough and powdered greens or juicing greens can get them in.
          Castor packs: cleans out your whole "drain field". Easiest, cheapest, messier, harmless cleanse available. Google it.
          Yes, just sulfur foods.
          Whole vegetables raw or slightly steamed.
          Water
          Tara,
          I'm on warfarin and have been told to stay away from the green veggies it messes with the INR. Whats your take on that?

Comment

dark Greens are a good source of vit K; your clot- forming vitamin. Vit K competes with warfarin action.
            NutritionTara
            Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaBug View Post
              Actually, Tara, I've re-thought my "weird" comment, regarding castor packs. Someone, on another thread, posted a YouTube link (and, I also watched others) that demonstrated the method. Seeing it made it more clear to me, and it sounds like something I'll try. Maybe in January, when life settles down.

~ Faith
              Good I'm glad you're doing em Faith. It really is an inexpensive million dollar gem!
              NutritionTara
              Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
              X