Mediterranean diet is associated with a lower risk of disability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediterranean diet is associated with a lower risk of disability

High adherence to a Mediterranean diet is associated with a lower risk of disability outcomes, as well as reported disease symptoms, in people with multiple sclerosis (MS), a new study shows.

Diet is known to have an impact on cardio-metabolic complications, with potential effects on the immune and nervous systems. The MS community, in particular, is interested in how diet can potentially protect against disability and help manage disease symptoms.

However, “although experts tend to agree on general healthy eating principles (e.g. limiting processed foods), rigorous clinical research in MS is needed,” the researchers wrote. Furthermore, “research including objectively measured disability outcomes is quite limited.”

The Mediterranean diet is of particular interest in MS research.

In the new study, a team led by researchers at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai has now assessed the adherence of people with MS to a Mediterranean diet and its association with disability outcomes.

Full story https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...ty-risk-study/

Thanks for this useful info. I tried different diets in my life and this one was really successful. I've also read about the benefits of a detox diet here. Wanna give it a shot. I felt bloated these days, so I hope it'll be helpful. I know a lot of methods to detox the body with meds, but this time I decided to do it naturally.

Comment

Working...
    X