Small Study on Diets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Study on Diets

Dr. Brandon Beaber goes over the results of a study on Diets. Quite interesting.

https://youtu.be/s1SToKf95zQ

Thank you, Marco. It is an interesting study.

Bottom line - no MS diet is superior to the others, but all seem to be beneficial.

Ample amounts of fruits, vegetables, fiber, and healthy fats appear to be the common denominator.

Our findings in this sample of the Dutch population of MS patients confirm those of an international cross-sectional study, in which diets that were characterised by ample amounts of vegetables, fruits, fibre and healthy fats were associated with better physical and mental health [19]. Similar positive associations were found between intake of fruits and vegetables and disability and symptom severity in a survey including almost 7000 MS patients in the U.S.A.

The study, in detail:

Full article: Adherence to dietary guidelines is associated with better physical and mental quality of life: results from a cross-sectional survey among 728 Dutch MS patients (tandfonline.com)

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks, Marco, for the YouTube link.

And, thanks, KoKo, for the summary and the corresponding link to the article.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X