advice needed please, when to take ALA and acetyl L-carnitine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice needed please, when to take ALA and acetyl L-carnitine

I finally went out and bought these two supplements as I am hearing some good things here on how they help with fatigue.

The ALA bottle say to take it in between meals, The acetyl L-carinitne is supposed to be taken with meals.

How do you take yours, and aren't they supposed to be taken together for some synergistic effect?

Thanks for the help. mac

Hi Mac,

I take 1,000 mg of acetyl L-carnitine and 200 mg of alpha lipoic acid together in the mornings with applesauce (so I can swallow them and my other meds), then I eat about 30 minutes later. This works pretty well for me, but you may need to experiment with dosage and times to see what works best for you.

Keep in mind that it can take up to a full month to see the full effects, though most people start seeing a difference within just a few days. Also, if you start off with 1,000 mg and don't see any improvement in your fatigue, you may want to increase the dosage to the 2,000 mg that was used in the university studies.

And as always, make sure you check with your doctor before taking any new supplement or medication, and with these, especially if you are taking any thyroid or diabetes medications.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Thank you so much for replying to me Shashi, it was appreciated.

I have been reading the long thread on these two supplements, you have been very helpful to me. So thanks again, have a great day. mac

Comment

Working...
      X