Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What vitamins/supplements should be taking at the same time and at different times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What vitamins/supplements should be taking at the same time and at different times?

I know Vitamin C will help the absorption of magnesium if taken at the same time.

And some vitamins will block the absorption of other vitamins if taken at the same time, but I can’t remember what ones.

Tara do you have a guide line for the proper do & don't of the timing of taking vitamins/supplements?
    Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

The though popped in my head to Google “Vitamin Timing” and WOW it is going to time some time to absorb all the info I’m getting.
    And I’m going to have to take notes and organize it.

But I can tell you timing does make a difference.

Here is what I have so far;

Vitamins A, D and E
    (fat soluble) - take regularly with food.
    Vitamins E, take with the evening meal to cut early morning heart problems risk, also take with flax oil to help absorption.

Vitamin E works best taken along with Vitamin C.
    This makes for a stronger antioxidant effect.

Vitamin B12 – large dosages of vitamin C may interfere with the absorption of Vitamin B12.

Iron - on an empty stomach (although it may cause nausea in some people - take with food if you suffer the symptoms).
    Vitamin C maximizes the absorbency of iron.
    Take apart from calcium.

Calcium - high doses alone could be taken at night or between meals. However absorption of calcium is enhanced by taking it with other nutrients, so with meals may be far more effective. Take apart from iron

Zinc - take with meals, can cause nausea if taken with insufficient food.

Vitamin B complex - first thing in the morning for greatest efficiency - though it is still effective at other times.

Vitamin C - most effective with meals and this is the safest if you have an acid sensitive stomach.
    When taken in the morning some people report an increase in energy levels.
    Good to have in the morning before being exposed to free radical producing environments.

Magnesium - can promote sleep so it is best taken at night.

Multivitamins, antioxidants and minerals
    - any time is effective and safe (except as above can be taken with fluids only).

Time release supplements
    - take with the main meal of the day.

Fiber supplements - medications and supplements at least 1-1/2 to 2 hours before or after your fiber supplements.

here a one of the better sources;
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ng.html?cat=68

Comment

Here is anther link I forgot to add in my above post, http://altmedangel.com/timing.htm.

It has some interesting info in it as to what happens to your body during the time.
      Like Around 4 p.m. your body temperature peaks. so that is why it a %&#^*% time of day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Voor View Post
        I know Vitamin C will help the absorption of magnesium if taken at the same time.

And some vitamins will block the absorption of other vitamins if taken at the same time, but I can’t remember what ones.

Tara do you have a guide line for the proper do & don't of the timing of taking vitamins/supplements?
        simple rule #1: Vitamins with food, minerals without.

More details....I think your list Sir-Voor was very accurate.

Calcium: 2 camps of thought: the "general" recommendation is to take it with food however, consider this. Calcium neutralizes/buffers; when taken with food it may reduce/neutralize your digestive fluids, i.e., Tums?
        If you get a good ionized Ca: citrate, lactate, fulvate, you take these between meals, first thing in the am with a big glass of water, an hour before bed...and good to go.
        The fat solubles need food: A, D, E, K

4pm?(2nd) lowest time for blood sugar, that's why you get *&$#@: eat some food; could take another shot of a good B.
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
        X