Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitamins to Help Symptoms

Hi There,

Parasthesias are among my worst symptoms. I hear that Vitamin B12 can help to reverse nerve damage? If I take that daily, will that help the tingling and crawling in my head?

Will exercise reduce the intensity?

Jamilea, vitamin B12 can help with paresthesia and nerve health in general, but it may not take the sensations away totally. (Never has for me.)

I'm not sure about exercising decreasing the intensity of the sensations though. I guess you could try it and see.

Neurontin is best for taking away paresthesia, and the generic form (gabapentin) is listed on Walgreen's low cost prescription plan. You might see if you can get your doctor to write a prescription for you. You just have to make sure to take it every day on time, (unlike me, who didn't take two doses yesterday and am now sitting here with my left hand on fire! Ouch!)

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I have been taking Neurontin since April of this year. First, 900mg a day, then 1200mg a day (now). My old neuro, remember I don't have insurance atm, he upped the dosage to 1800mg a day to be nice to me without insurance.

It's at the pharmacy. I have 2 refills on it, however, I have 2 refills left on my current dosage of 1200mg/day. I don't know when I'll be able to see a doctor again so I want to use what I have left before going to the next dosage.

I know that sounds kind of lame to suffer when the increase could be helping me but I'm trying to be smart about it because I don't know of any other options, yanno?

I know B12 isn't a cure all vitamin but does it help the parasthesias largely? I mean, is it more manageable, can you get to sleep better?

Comment

I'm not really sure if I can see a difference from taking Vitamin B12 or not. I've been taking a multi-vitamin with B12 and a Super B complex for years, so I can't remember how I felt before I started taking it.

Unlike you, the paresthesia doesn't really keep me awake. I guess I've just gotten used to it. But the pain from spasticity and the jiggling from tremors do. And now the "mini-seizures" I'm having as I'm going to sleep are jolting me awake too.

The fun never ends!
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

B12 is known to support neurological function. please include all the B vitamins as they work better together.
          Magnesium might be a double player here: relax the extremities which could contribute to nerve sensations AND relieve constipation the neurotin will cause 400-600mg in the evening.
          NutritionTara
          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Thank you Tara,

I will try to get all the B vitamins and the Mag.

I really appreciate both of your input.

Comment

Working...
            X