Provigil vs Oregano Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provigil vs Oregano Oil

I remember reading a thread not too long ago where the author said oregano oil was a natural substitute for Provigil.

Is that correct? I am very interested in going that path if it's true.

Thanks!
    ~Piper - DX'd 2/2010 - Mama, Wife, Working gal

I think Sparky takes oregano oil instead of Provigil. She'll probably be along soon to tell you about it.

I tried it, but it seemed to have the opposite effect on me, and I could barely move the whole time I was taking it. So now I just rely on alpha lipoic acid and acetyl L-carnitine, which have worked fabulously for getting rid of fatigue.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I am also interested in learning about natural alternatives to Provigil.

Comment

Originally posted by jerseyjenn View Post
        I am also interested in learning about natural alternatives to Provigil.
        Jerseyjenn, a lot of folks here, me included, have had great success in battling fatigue with the two anti-oxidants that I mentioned above. I take 1,000 mg of acetyl L-carnitine and 200 mg of alpha lipoic acid daily and the horrible fatigue I suffered with for three years is a thing of the past. I've been taking these supplements for over a year now, and the difference is remarkable.

Check out the thread I started which is a few down from this one to read other people's experience with these supplements. You can also do a search here and on Google for more information. There are university studies which have been done which show the benefit of ALCAR and ALA in alleviating fatigue from MS, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer, aging, etc.

And, if you do decide to try them, be sure to check with your doctor first, especially if you are taking any medications for thyroid problems or if you have diabetes.

Hugs,

Lisa
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Just ordered my ALA/ALC last night. Yippee! Can;t wait and thanks Shashi

Justacowgirl
          Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Working...
          X