Fish oils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish oils?

For Tara or anyone who may know -- do fish oils help the bladder?

I ask b/c generally i have to get up 3-4X/night, dr agrees it is OAB due to MS. Not doing testing right now b/c deductible/co-pay are out of budget. For supper one night I had a nice piece of grilled salmon at a restaurant -- that night I slept the ENTIRE night, didn't get up even once!! Don't think it was a result of the salad or steamed broccoli or bread dipped in oil/spice since I've eaten those in the past with no change in my OAB. It HAS to be the salmon.

If fish oils (or any other vitamin/mineral) help the bladder, how much of what should I take?

Thank you!
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

cranberry helps the bladder, at least in preventing utis. i think you mean emptying the bladder, which i`m not sure of. fish oil is a good supplement to take though!!

dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

While fish oil is good for your MS, it was more likely the brocolli which helped your bladder control. Your meal may also had a higher salt content since you were in a restaurant, and maybe you had wine? Both will serve to dehydrate.

Brocolli is high in Magnesium, which is effective in controlling muscle spasms, which for your bladder cause you to get up 3-4x a night.

Try taking a Magnesium suppliment as most people don't get enough of it in their diet.

Also, google "magnesium bladder control" and "magnesium miracle" for more information.

Comment

knuckle, no wine (just usual iced tea) & no salt added by me but you're probably right about the higher salt content. I know the spice mix for dipping bread has salt in it.

For my OAB, emptying is only part of the problem. When I quit consuming anything by 7 p.m. I should not have to empty a full (or nearly full) bladder 3-4X/night!

I will look up the magnesium info - thx! I'd rather not take any more drugs to control this problem.
        DX 10/2008
        Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

T, sounds like an isolated incident, sorry. But USP grade fish or cod liver oil is an essential nutrient.
          NutritionTara
          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

knuckle, I have increased my magnesium intake and am very happy to report I am only getting up 1X/night!!!!!!
            I can't believe the overnight relief! My fatigue has decreased dramatically since I am actually sleeping at night now.
            Thank you, thank you, thank you for the suggestion!!
            DX 10/2008
            Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Working...
            X