EGG CRAVING QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGG CRAVING QUESTION

This sounds crazy, but for over a month now i've been craving eggs. mainly hard boiled eggs, which until i've only been able to tolerate. NO WAY i'm pregnant. no other change in diets or habits.
    could i be deficient in some vitamin or something? hate to bother dr. with what seems a silly question. but it really has been weird!
    thanks!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

I call it The Jones.
    From time to time (maybe once every two months) I'll get hit with a burger Jones or a pizza Jones, even though I know they'll make me feel sick later (that's the price of a healthy diet, you just can't stand fast food after a while).

Comment

love it bob, will that be 1 egg jones or a dozen egg jones?
      how about fries with that? LOL! cluck! cluck! i think i ate 3 today! so far non of them were the recalled ones

Comment

poohb3ar, I wouldn't necessarily equate your craving with a deficiendy ( which can certainly be the case sometimes) Just Go For It! Eggs are in my top 5 "best" foods. Cheap, medium fat, fairly nuetral pH (for a protein), and contains lecithin to emulsify the cholesterol.
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

I am so glad to hear of the "all clear" on eggs being a healthy protein. I am going to be bumping up my protein (well heck I hardly eat ANY now) next week, and eggs are an inexpensive form of protein. I will be eating mine fried hard (NO I never have/will use fat to fry them- I use nonstick skillet, if you buy good ones, can fry them hard, have to use lower heat, but NO butter/fat etc)

And JMHO-when I "crave" truly CRAVE a healthy food, I listen to my body, get that food and eat it. Personally, it keeps me on the "healthier eating" track.
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I (L) hard boiled eggs, eat them at least 3x a week

Comment

that was suppose to be a didn't realize it was different than in chat...

Comment

yeah! thanks ya'll! still wanting eggs and losing weight, so something most be right.
                put eggs on shopping list, DH came home with 2 dz to last me awhile!
                oh, and i always want sea salt on them. so that's 2 good things at once.
                glad to know that my body wants good stuff for once.
                thanks again, God bless ya!

Comment

Working...
                X