Steps to health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steps to health

Last January I started sugar blocking and then managed to get the wife on board and went gluten free and migrated to organics.
    We spent the summer eating wonderful organic vegetables from our CSA and local small farm organic meat.
    We stuck to local farm eggs and switched to almond milk.
    As the year wore on we found ourselves eating less and less meat.
    In December we went the rest of the way and went vegan.

Feeling good so far, ordering a capsule filler so I can make some turmeric capsules and found a vegan DHA source.
    Moved to daily: 5,000 vit D, 1,000 vit C, 500 magnesium, Niacin, multi vit.
    Take chia, hemp and flax seeds with breakfast and on lunch salad.

I am astounded how we as a society have been convinced that the only treatment for anything is taking a drug.

I feel great, and while the one medication I won't give up is the MS med out of fear. I have gotten off 2 BP, 2 cholesterol, gout, and allergy medications.

There is amazing power in the food we eat.
    I have achieved a great new positive outlook on my life.

Just thought I would share as it is astonishing that your GP, neuro, PT, and whoever else you see will have no clue about nutrition and how it affects your body.
    1995-symptoms with no cause
    2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
    2000/1-started Avonex
    2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
    Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Good for you!

Nutrition is often overlooked and understated. Yes, we all know we need to eat more fruits and veggies but it is also about what you should not be eating.

In the last six months I have been less diligent about following the OMS plan I had been on for a year. I can use the excuse of my move to another state, kid problems, etc.. but now that things have settled down I have begun to refocus. Your post helps to reaffirm my convictions about my own diet. Thanks!

Your are quite fortunate to have your spouse traveling on the journey with you.

Best of luck to you!
    Meet me in a land of hope and dreams. -Bruce Springsteen

Comment

Friends have tried with minimal success, unless you can get the family on board, at least partially, it is really hard.
      Our kids still eat meat, but they get a lot less of it and it is local small farmed.
      1995-symptoms with no cause
      2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
      2000/1-started Avonex
      2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
      Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

I´ve noticed a pattern of cause--> effect if I eat too much sugar. It ramps up the paresthesia to a very annoying and attention grabbing level. It has now happened three times and I´m ready to give up sweets. The price is too high.

A pressure cooker is handy for cooking a big pot of black beans in a hurry.

I do eat meat, but only use olive oil, coconut oil and very rarely palm oil.

I do wonder if the sugar sensitivity would make MS sort of like diabetes- instead of attacking the pancreas, the CNS is attacked. Just as many people eat sugar but only some get diabetes, maybe this is somewhat similar. Just wondering.

Comment

Good for you! My cholesterol and blood pressure dropped when I went Vegan+Fish (Overcoming multiple sclerosis diet). I never felt better.

You're right. Once you get there, you wonder how people choose food over health.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X