Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese women are tops again

Hello

I'm sure by now most of you have read or heard about the new life expectancy/longevity statistics.

Japanese women remained at the top at nearly 86 1/2 years. Followed by Hong Kong women at 86.1, women from France at 84.5 years,and women from Switzerland at 84.4 years.

The highest life expectancy for men is in Qatar (Middle East/Persian Gulf area) at 81 years, followed by Hong Kong at 79.8, and Iceland and Switzerland at 79.7 years.

Makes me really curious as to what their diets all have in common, and maybe more importantly what they don't consume on a regular basis? Very interesting to research, in my opinion.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

It's hard to tell anything - the French and Japanese diets could not be more different, except that they're both exceptionally delicious.

Comment

Good point Big A

France = Wine, Cheese, Baguettes?

Japan = Miso Soup, Tofu, Fish?

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        Good point Big A

France = Wine, Cheese, Baguettes?

Japan = Miso Soup, Tofu, Fish?

Take care,
        KoKo
        France, Butter, Beef, Rabbit, Horse, Pork, Seafood, Goose, Duck

Japan - every different kind of vegetable, lots of tofu, lots of fish, some fried pork, a tiny amount of beef

It's hard to draw any conclusions. In any case, MS is such a small percentage of the population that it doesn't address our concerns. I.e. if the french diet is great for a long life but bad for MS, the few MS people who die don't change the statistics.

Comment

My guess would be fish, vegetables and fermented soy. And the predominate grain is rice (GF). I wonder if that is important?
          NutritionTara
          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

I think go with the Switzerland diet, LOL a diet based on lots of fondue and beer sounds highly enjoyable.

Not to discount the importance of diet, but genes, activity and stress levels, and etc. are just as important.
            Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

I recommend Micheal Pollan's work on the subject, especially In Defense of Food. Really changed my thinking on eating.

Comment

Working...
              X