fruit/vegetable drinks (juicing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fruit/vegetable drinks (juicing)

Does anyone find that juicing improves any of your symptoms? I have a few different symptoms but walking and balance are the ones that personally bother me the most....already tried ampyra before by the way with no success.

I tried juicing, many years ago. I think it was, the best, I've ever felt in my life.

The problem I found with it was, going to the store every few days for fresh items to use.

Ultimately, it was too much work! It is exhausting, preparing it. And seemed like a full-time project. Plus, I worry of the chemicals on foods, not grown by myself. Juicing can be very expensive.

A few weeks ago I started buying Naked juiced drinks, to increase my Potassium, fiber, vits and minerals. Sure is easier than buying, cleaning and preparing juiced drinks.

I really miss the Vege drink I use to make! I'd go back to it, if it weren't so much work and expense. For now, Naked, is a delightful option.

Mostly, I will never forget the feeling of, "the best I've felt in my life!" feeling from exclusively drinking fresh juiced fruits and veges.

Truthfully though, I don't believe in taking the fiber out of the fruit/vege, so I would simply make smoothies from them, in the future. That would be less work!

And require fewer plants. I keep reading of juiced mmj and after looking up the goodness of the plant....I am re-thinking this. It has 30% protein! Just learned that yesterday!

Leaves and stems have more CBD's in them and less thc and seems like a decent, all day drinkable medication that has few or no side effects. fed

Comment

Originally posted by Fed Up View Post
      I tried juicing, many years ago. I think it was, the best, I've ever felt in my life.

The problem I found with it was, going to the store every few days for fresh items to use.

Ultimately, it was too much work! It is exhausting, preparing it. And seemed like a full-time project. Plus, I worry of the chemicals on foods, not grown by myself. Juicing can be very expensive.

A few weeks ago I started buying Naked juiced drinks, to increase my Potassium, fiber, vits and minerals. Sure is easier than buying, cleaning and preparing juiced drinks.

I really miss the Vege drink I use to make! I'd go back to it, if it weren't so much work and expense. For now, Naked, is a delightful option.

Mostly, I will never forget the feeling of, "the best I've felt in my life!" feeling from exclusively drinking fresh juiced fruits and veges.

Truthfully though, I don't believe in taking the fiber out of the fruit/vege, so I would simply make smoothies from them, in the future. That would be less work!

And require fewer plants. I keep reading of juiced mmj and after looking up the goodness of the plant....I am re-thinking this. It has 30% protein! Just learned that yesterday!

Leaves and stems have more CBD's in them and less thc and seems like a decent, all day drinkable medication that has few or no side effects. fed

lol....thanks! i just bought me an oster single serve blender to just make one at a time because my large ninja always overwhelmed me also with all the prep work and clean up of all the trimmings and worrying about things going bad so lets see how this works out.....i wont stop trying to find something that makes my life better.

Comment

I bought a juicer back in december thinking I would reboot with Joe.
        I had been reading a lot since I was in the midst of a 3 month gout flare at this time and I liked the juice, but was really concerned that all the fiber was going in the trash.
        I ended up stopping, it might be a handy thing for a meal of your snacks, but I dont think I personally could live on it.
        I havent looked at the vegetable ones yet, but I got in a fight with a co-worker since she proclaimed how healthy it is.
        I turned the bottle around #1 ingredient apple JUICE, not puree, juice, so basically this is green purple orange apple juice.
        This also comes with a 300 calorie a bottle price tag.
        1995-symptoms with no cause
        2000-diagnosed with Probable MS.
        2000/1-started Avonex
        2002-Rebif b/c increasing brain plaques
        Nov-13-Tecfidera b/c needle fatigue&sympt

Comment

I use a Vitamix to make smoothies with frozen fruit that I buy at the grocery store or Walmart. I feel a little more energetic. There are a lot of smoothie recipes on line.
          When there is some amount of vegetable /fruit drink left over, I just store them in the refrigerator. I drink the whole batch before the day is over or on the next day. Good luck

Comment

thanks everyone!

Comment

I added a morning smoothie to my diet and do think it is beneficial. If you Google the Dr. Oz 3 day detox cleanse there are a couple good smoothie recipes there. The morning one is my favorite but I do like all 3. They are all dairy-free, probably are gluten-free, and contain veggies, antioxidants, healthy fats, and other goodies we need! Most importantly (for me) the smoothies are filling so I am not starving 5 minutes later.

Also- I use frozen fruit and utilize a local, fresh produce delivery service in my area to minimize all the grocery trips.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie but goodie View Post
                I added a morning smoothie to my diet and do think it is beneficial. If you Google the Dr. Oz 3 day detox cleanse there are a couple good smoothie recipes there. The morning one is my favorite but I do like all 3. They are all dairy-free, probably are gluten-free, and contain veggies, antioxidants, healthy fats, and other goodies we need! Most importantly (for me) the smoothies are filling so I am not starving 5 minutes later.

Also- I use frozen fruit and utilize a local, fresh produce delivery service in my area to minimize all the grocery trips.

sounds great! thanks!

Comment

I make green smoothies about 3x per week. I have a high performance blender that will blend the whole fruit, so it contains lots of fiber. I don't "juice" because it removes the pulp, and, therefore, the fiber.
                  I usually use a pear, an apple, a banana and half a lemon. Then I add some kale. To mask the veggie taste a little, I add some cocoa powder and some cinnamon, and, sometimes, some honey or real maple syrup (not pancake syrup).
                  I often add some protein powder and sometimes some greens powder or fruit powder. (I buy the Isagenix brand.)

It makes enough for two decent-sized servings; I eat one in the mornings for breakfast, and the other one later in the day.

On the days that I don't make smoothies, I begin my mornings with oatmeal, topped with frozen blueberries. I use almond milk.

There are lots of recipes out there for green smoothies. Mine isn't really a recipe; it's just kind of my own throw-together thing. Recipes might offer more variety, or a more tasty version; I don't know. I'm just not a recipe-kind-of-person.

~ Faith
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                  X