OK so here's the deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so here's the deal

Ok so I was seeing a Nutritionist who practiced by doing Nutrition Response testing. I tried to follow her program as closely as I could. I wasn't trying but lost about 39 pounds. My parents went with me to one appointment and my dad was talking about she was a con artist. I don't see her anymore.
    My question is if she was "killing me" as one of my coworkers says how is it that I am more tired now that I am not seeing her and am not following all her recommendations anymore.
    I am more tired now than I ever was when I was seeing her. I had actually started taking the stairs at work occassionally. I just want to feel better and not be so blamed tired all the time. I have begun to go to bed sometimes at 8:00 PM. I'm 32 years old this is not the way my life should be.

There are too many factors to consider, but you may be depressed. The Nutritionist may have given you some hope. If you were getting healthier under her program, then maybe she's not all that bad. Much of it is unproven, but not it's not voodoo.

Maybe list some of the things in the program she provided. Also, I saw a nutritionist but never did the testing. There are still things they can offer if you don't want to do that.

Have a look here and get the book if you want an all-doctor created and researched (and footnoted) complimentary medicine program.

http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org/

And don't let yourself get bullied. As long as you're not spending too much and it's not harmful, maybe it's worth a try.

Comment

Well when my parents went with me my dad said that as long as I kept seeing the nutritionist he was going to "make my life a living Q@T#" My question that I never asked was how is that any different from now.

Comment

Well that's it. It was not all that expensive except for all the supplements. I felt good, slept good, and was not so tired all the time. Now that I quit seeing her, I'm still trying to do some of the things. I don't follow them as well as I should. I am tired all the time. Most nights anymore I'm out like a light at 8:30 PM. I know I get up at 5:00 AM to go to work, but that does seem a little extreme to me.

Comment

Go back to her

Unless you are living under your parents roof. Your life. Your decision. Your money.
          If they don't pay for it. Then they have no say in how you spend your money!
          techie
          Another pirated saying:
          Half of life is if.
          When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
          Dogs Rule!

Comment

lukeduke,
            If you let other people ( not health practitioners ) tell you how to treat your illness, you are doomed.
            If you had some success following the advice of the nutritionist, you should be doing more of it. If your 'daddy' isn't paying for the nutritionist, ignore him. You are sick. You need help. Good luck

Comment

I really should start back seeing her. One of my co-workers says that she was killing me. I don't see it. I slept better and felt better. One of the things my family did not like was the whole butter versus margarine thing. I use real butter when I'm at home and try to avoid hydrogenated oils. I asked my step-mom why is it that butter is good enough for "special occassions" but not good enough for everyday use. I also challenged her to try putting a pat of butter by an ant bed, and a pat of margarine by the same bed and see what the ants eat. I told her that the ants would not touch the margarine. Her response was that the ants must not know what's good.

Comment

I hope you make the appt. The good advise here is that YOU have to decide. It sounds like you KNOW so go ahead.
                [I]Tellnhelen
                Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Working...
                X