Question about vitamins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about vitamins

Newly diagnosed here and was wondering what vitamins everyone takes!

Thank you

i only take 2 pharmaceuticals, LDN and hydrocortisone. Both are very low dosage.
    I take these supplements in these dosages daily:
    2000mcgs B-12 , 5000iu's vitamin D, and a few herbal pills that my 'naturopath' sells to me out of his office. I take a 2000mg dose of vitamin C every couple of days in a cup of juice. What is it you are trying to ascertain? What's the purpose of your question?

Comment

I take Vitamin D3, calcium/magnesium, omega3 fish oil, cinnamon bark, curcumin (tumeric), a probiotic, systemic enzymes, gluten digestive enzymes, D-Mannose powder.

Some of these are anti-inflammatories to help with my MS. Others are for weight loss, gluten sensitivities, high cholesterol, etc. (Some have more than one function.)

You didn't ask about meds, but I take Lipitor and Copaxone. I've been able to reduce my Lipitor dose, probably because of my fish oil supplement, and a recent weight loss.

I find that they are less expensive on amazon.com than through my local health food store.

~ Faith
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

multivitamin
        vitamin d3
        evening primrose oil
        acetyl l carnitine
        alpha lipoic acid
        magnesium
        n acetyl glucosamine
        turmeric

google them!
        Katie
        dx rrms: 2/12
        copaxone 3/12 - current
        dx pcos 6/13
        gluten free, sugar free, dairy free = feeling great!

Comment

I take a Multi Vit.,CoQ10,Cinnimen(sp.),RX B vit's, Thats what my neuro has me take.
          Ask your neuro what he/she wants you to take.
          God Bless Owlnona

Comment

I just added a 'high potency' vitamin B complex, yesterday. Maybe it will give me a boost. Mayne I will pee it out. It's worth a shot.

Comment

Thanks y'all! Right now I take a multi, D, B-12, C, fish oil. Just started my Rebif yesterday.

Just curious as I want to feel the bast I can feel and I like asking others who are in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by kat_warren View Post
                Right now I take a multi, D, B-12, C, fish oil.
                Since you are already taking a D supplement have you had your D level checked (blood test)? If not you probably should. You should take D3 and it is best obsorbed in soft gel caps.

Vitamins/supplements I take:

- Multivitamin
                - Fish oil
                - Evening Primrose Oil
                - Flaxseed Oil
                - D3
                - Magnesium
                - Metamucil
                Diagnosed 1984
                “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Is there a good brand name I should look for? I just read somewhere that some of the cheaper brands are really no good. I usually just buy at walmart, am I wasting my money?

Comment

I often buy the NOW brand. I don't know, for sure, if it's good, but they sell it at the local health food store, so I'm guessing it's better than some of the Walmart brands.

I buy mine online, though, at amazon.com instead of at the health food store. It's cheaper that way. Sometimes, they offer free shipping, but, even when they don't, it's cheaper there than at my health food store.

~ Faith

P.S.: I noticed that I forgot to put evening primrose oil on my list. I also take that. I've thought about adding CoQ10 and Grape Seed Extract to my list, but I haven't yet. it gets expensive to take all these supplements. But, I decided that if it keeps MS flares away, it's worth it personally. And, if it keeps hospitalizations away, it's more than worth it financially.
                    ~ Faith
                    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

are we talking about fish oil? i love nordic naturals. little more expensive but i dont get fishy burps! they have a few versions but i take the prenatal DHA one.
                      Katie
                      dx rrms: 2/12
                      copaxone 3/12 - current
                      dx pcos 6/13
                      gluten free, sugar free, dairy free = feeling great!

Comment

I read through the posts and see many people are taking a multi-vitamin.

I was taking a multi-mineral that contained iron. Tara told me to get rid of it and she is correct. Iron is a no-no for MSers.

You may want to check your multis and assure there isn't any iron.
                        Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Iron?

Can someone tell me why iron is a no no for MSers?

Comment

http://www.webmd.com/multiple-sclero...-iron-in-brain

If the link is removed. Search MS and iron deposits. Lots of research out there.
                            Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Please Google MS and iron and research should be available.

Comment

Working...
                              X