B12 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B12 Question

So I started seeing a new neurologist and she did all the bloodwork and put me on Tysabri. She said that my B12 levels are a little low and prescribed the B12 injections. Now my dad asks me everyday if the B12 is working. From what I've seen on here it should be almost instantaneous. I have only had one injection. I feel no different taking it now. What is you guys opinion on this?

I was low on B-12, 2 years ago after some blood tests. My doctor gave me a shot. I didn't feel any better. I began to consult with an 'integrative' MD. He put me on IM shots that I did in my own leg daily for about 1 year. I still didn't feel less fatigued. I spoke to my doctor and he said to take a 2000mcg sublingual tablet, daily. I still don't feel any different. I will be going back to the doctor for more blood tests in a couple of weeks. Then, I will know if this level of vitamin tablet is sufficient to raise my blood levels to a 'good' level. So the moral of my story is I don't know when I will feel any difference (or if you will ever feel the difference), but after my blood tests I will know what my levels are and I will make adjustments accordingly.

Comment

Thank you for your input. Since I started the shots, every day my father asks me if the B12 is working. His wife said about it that I should feel alot better. I feel the same.

Comment

Do you know what dose you are injecting? Size does matter !
        I take 2000mcgs sublingual daily. I bet I could use more. I found that I need a daily B-complex, also, to feel a difference. And remember that all supplements take some time to 'build up' in your system.
        Sometimes you need to use the supplement30 days and possibly up the dosage to near the maximum range. Pay no attention to the 'instant mashed potato' crowd. Good luck

Comment

Hi, I am really confused when it comes to B12. Why do I see everyone taking mega doses of B12. I went to buy some and the smallest amount the store had was 1000mcg this really confuses me. Recommended dietary allowances (RDAs) are 2.4 micrograms daily for adults. Can anyone explain this.
          Thanks, PEACE
          Tortis

Comment

Working...
          X