Green juices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green juices

I have a question...I was watching The View today and they had a segment on green juicing with kale, spinach and other things. Its seems that that would be a healthy choice but they had a disclaimer for people with compromised immune systems. I would think it would boost your immune system but I'm new to the whole juicing thing so I don't know. Does anyone know why we'd need to be careful with it? Thanks!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

The term "compromised" immune system generally means underactive or absent, so if The View used that term they were inaccurate.

The presumable concern with green juicing is that the juice is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, and as such might boost the immune system in people whose immune systems are already overactive.

However, this is a "stands to reason" position that is not backed up by any research that I know of.

Our immune systems are not overactive across the board, they're confused, attacking our own myelin while (in many cases) alowing us to get sick in other ways.

Comment

my chewy smoothie

Several times a week I use my blender to make a little green smoothie. Because it's not a juicer I get a wee bit of the pulp (like the skin on grapes) and so it adds a little "chew" to it that I actually enjoy. I have a little garden and pick a couple of kale leaves, a few spinach and sometimes add a swiss chard leaf or two. Wash them well, remove the stem/spines, toss into my blender with some ice cubes, a little water, some grapes and blueberries and half of a banan (or whole if small). The fruits will vary depending on what I have. I puree it all and it is yummo!

I know this is probably way too much information but...there you have it...my "chewy smoothie".
      Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

My understanding is that is beter than juicing cause you are actaully getting fiber benifits that way,

Comment

Yea, the blanketed CYA disclaimer!

Green juicing should be consumed on a daily basis.
          -with a small amount of fruit-

A juicer that retains the pulp.

Greens provide an excellent source of magnesium, iron, antioxiants and will help alkalize the system.
          When the system is in the proper pH every cellular reaction goes better.
          NutritionTara
          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
          X