Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquid Aminos?

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd get some feedback from others. A friend of mine told me today about Liquid Aminos. According the website she sent me they are: "liquid protein concentrate, derived from healthy soybeans, that contains the following Essential and Non-essential Amino Acids in naturally occurring amounts".

Just wondered if anyone else had heard of or used this. It was suggested as a soy sauce substitute (since I've gone to a gluten-free diet) but can be used for other things as well I guess.

Kim

It's Bragg Liquid Aminos, and it's been around for a long time, advertised as a soy sauce substitute.

However, it's relatively easy to get shoyu (soy sauce) without any wheat in it...the label will say. The brands I use are Eden and San-J.

Comment

Yes Sequoia, there is a way to get gluten free soy sauce. But does gluten free soy contain all of the 17 or 21 different amino acids that are the essential aminos in meat protiens. I believe that is the purpose of the Braggs, to provide complete amino acids so that one would not become deficient on a totally vegetarian diet, which is Braggs' big 'claim to fame'.

Comment

Liquid Aminos only contains 16 of the 20 amino acids the body requires, and is typically consumed as a condiment (small amounts). Unfortunately, to consume more of it would get into the area of too much sodium for most people.

Comment

Thanks Sequoia. So what are the Liquid Aminos supposed to be doing? And how much of this product should one be ingesting? I see that it is used as a substitute for soy sauce but how much of a condiment does one use? Usually, a few ounces seems to do the trick.

Comment

Working...
          X