My cocktail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cocktail

I was wondering if anyone could make any suggestions on my supplement cocktail. I'm taking a hand full of pills everyday and still fatigued

250mg magnesium
    500mg l-carnitine
    500mg l-tyrosine
    2g blueberry
    400mg marigold
    200mg grape seed
    1000mcg b-12
    120mg apple cider vinegar powder
    30mg apple pectin
    4000iu d-3
    1g cinnamon
    500mg niacin
    400mg dha

all that plus a multivitamin for breakfast.

I see you are taking L-carnitine. Usually, one takes acytyl-L-carnitine along with alpha lipoic acid. I'd say that you need about 1000 acetyl l carnitine and 200 ALA. I heard that this combo is packaged by the nutritional company that
    Walmart markets in their store.

Comment

If you have fatigue problems, you might want to add 1,000 to 2,000 mg of acetyl L-carnitine (not the l-carnitine) and 200 to 400 mg of alpha lipoic acid. Works for me (and a lot of other people.) Plus they've been shown to have benefits in treating MS.

I'm going to start on DHA soon. I recently saw an episode of Dr. Oz where it was recommended for memory problems.

I also take Omega 3 capsules and a super B complex. And I take 10,000 IU of Vit. D3 either every day or every other day (if I'm out in the sun a lot, I alternate the dose.) But my levels were low, so what you are taking may be adequate.
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I just read a post about relieving fatigue with alpha lipioc acid. Apparently, it helped some people.

The thread is with Tara's Nutrition & Supplement Notebook. I forget the title.

Comment

This is the thread:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100794

It's alpha lipoic acid and acetyl l-carnitine (not l-carnitine) and the combo was pioneered by Dr. Elliot Frohman, a well-respected university-based neurologist.

Comment

Thanks much for the replies. I've ordered the correct carnitine plus the acid. I also threw in co-q10 for good measure.

Comment

I take the b-12 in liquid form. Supposedly it absorbs into your body faster which helps w energy.
              There are no problems, only solutions. - John Lennon

Comment

I would do a little research on the following:

Curcumin
                Saffron
                Calcium 2-AEP
                Magnesium L Threonate
                Alpha GPC

Google each with "multiple sclerosis".

Alpha GPC is a more refined product of Choline Citrate, from Soy Lecithin, which supports myelin health.

The effectiveness of choline citrate infusions monitored by lymphocyte transformation test (LTT) in multiple sclerosis. A new approach to the diagnosis and treatment of the disease.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19855355

Comment

i began taking 500 mg of ALC first thing in the AM (absorbs best on an empty stomach) and 300 mg ALA with my breakfast a little over a month ago. When i ran out, i noticed a decrease in energy, so it must be working!

i also take n-acetyl glucosamine (not to be confused with other types of glucosamine). this is not for energy, but it is supposed to help with ms.

drinking superfood smoothies with kale really help my energy too.
                  Katie
                  dx rrms: 2/12
                  copaxone 3/12 - current
                  dx pcos 6/13
                  gluten free, sugar free, dairy free = feeling great!

Comment

Working...
                  X