Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questionable Supliments

Hi,

My wife is the one with MS. And she is normally a very intellegent woman. But her desire to be healthy and to have a baby are very strong. I believe she's starting to get desperate and she's started taking a new(er) water supliment/treatment that I believe is a scam.

Now I don't want to post the name, and possibly offend anyone else who might be using it and believes in it.

I've tried using some logic ("look at the ingrediants") but she gets angry very quickly, and I think as we all know, once you get angry, logic goes out the window. So I've backed off and trying to figure out how to approach her and the subject. I'm not against trying supliments and theorpies, but the big issue here is that this is a VERY expensive.

Any advice?

If your wife believes in it, it just might help her. The placebo effect can be very strong.

Alternatively, see if you can get her to come here and ask about the supplement. Someone will be glad to research it in an unbiased way and report back, or Tara herself will offer her professional opinion.

Comment

You are so correct to be suspicious of some of this stuff. I do not know which product you are referring to, but I know there are so many products that are not in very common use that it is difficult to verify their proper usage. My suggestion is to get yourself a nutritionist, a homeopathic healer or (better yet) an 'integrative' doctor.
      This is not a subject to just 'diddle' with. There is no reason to deal with the subject of supplementation in the 'dark'. There are many resources. The internet, this site and many practitioners.
      I got involved with supplements in the '70's and, at that time I really had to dig to find out information. That was then. Now, there are so many places to use as resources. You still can't trust your regular PCP because that's usually not their thing. But many teaching hospitals are now into 'integrative' medicine... thanks to Dr. Weil. I am confident that if it is discussed on this site, and is given the proper ok's from the moderators, the product will receive either a yea or ney.

Comment

Sequoia, Plecebo can be strong, but normally temporary. And again, this is REALLY expensive.

JerryD, Her doctor is open to supliments, natural or otherwise. But she already knows that he feels this stuff is a scam through another patient of his. Literally "it's salt water". We do have a normal checkup appoitment with him next week. I'm hoping this helps but she's had over a month to mentally prepare herself for his arguments.

Comment

Waycos,

If you could post the ingredients, I could perhaps offer a chemistry explanation of the pros and cons.
          NutritionTara
          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
          X