Supplements to support IVSM infusions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplements to support IVSM infusions.

Hi all, I searched for this topic and couldn't believe I didn't find it, which makes me think that I'm not very good at looking.

So, after 30 tysabri infusions and a silent MRI with no exacerbations, I switched to gilenya in August, and my latest MRI shows a bunch of new lesions + enhancing lesions. That stinks.

So, I'm on 3 days of ivsm (my ms is really aggressive, I don't want it to come roaring back), then I'm going to have to make a 'best of several crummy choices' medication decision. I'm sure some of you are familiar.

But, what the heck, you gotta keep going, because what else can you do? So, I'm trying to work out the best ways to support my body while I'm on it, and after.

Any ideas? What do you guys do?

Here is my current approach:
    No salt
    No alcohol (of course)
    Less caffiene (I bargained with the nurse on this one)
    No sweets, maaaaaayyyybe a piece of dark chocolate
    Very little starchy food (steroids raise blood sugar)
    Lots of vegetables

I generally follow a wahls kinda diet (gluten free dairy free mostly grain free unfermented soy free mostly legume free)so I'm going to stick with that. I'm contemplating cutting eggs and nightshades, but I'm really resisting it.

Supplements:
    Calcium, magnesium, d3, acv

What else should I do? What do you guys do?

Steroids:you stink

No, I've been here from the beginning, and there really isn't a thread on this subject!

I'll be interested to hear what people say. I've never taken steroids myself.

Comment

Working...
    X