Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natural Food Source B Vitamins?

Hi,

I have been looking in my local stores and online for B vitamins/b-complex that is made from natural food sources but am having problems finding one that isn't synthetic. I was wondering what brands/sources people have found because all this searching is frustrating!

Thanks!!

I suggest you Google "B Vitamins Whole Foods"...I just did, and I came up with a number of brands on the first page.

Tara herself doesn't usually recommend specific brands.

Comment

green leafy veggies: kale, spinich, mustard greens. very good for you.

Comment

I've also had good luck going into a vitamin store or health food store and asking the employees there for advice. In my case, it was a matter of finding an iron pill that would work, but I think the staff at a specialty store would be just as helpful with other vitamins.
        Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

Unfortunately, I have managed two specialty stores (natural foods & supplements) and I can tell you the staff is not always well-informed, and they are rarely professionals in the field of nutrition. The pay tends to be low and the staff may have opinions but that's not the same thing as knowledge.

In fact, staff in such stores are frequently advised not to offer advice due to liability issues.

Comment

That's a good point.

In the cases where I was asking, it was mostly about finding supplements with the ingredients I needed (specifically in my case, iron pills derived from meat sources).

I've had much better luck with the smaller, independent type places, particularly if the owner is one of the people helping customers.

I don't think they would have been as helpful if a nurse practitioner hadn't already suggested the type of supplements to try.
            Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

I have been taking the Premier Research Labs Max B-ND per Tara's suggestion. Good stuff! All of this brands supplements are top notch. If you read about the company they go to great lengths to preserve the integrity of the vitamins. They are expensive, but you receive viable supplemements.
              Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Thanks much, TwentyMiles. Appreciate the recommendation!

Comment

Working...
                X