Whey protein powder in modified dairy free diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whey protein powder in modified dairy free diet

My LONG story below is to ask....with modified dairy diet can I use whey protein powder (isn't that dairy?) in my smoothie for some extra protein? Or should I pass on that idea?

I saw something on this forum about adding whey protein to a smoothie/juice. I've been very remiss in living gluten and modified dairy free (low level allergy to milk). Suffering the consequences of my bad eating (feeling horrible!) and so am regrouping, praying, and starting over.

Anyway, I've been making a sort of "chewable smoothie" since I only have a blender and not a juicer and add kale and spinach, maybe 5 red grapes, half a banana and maybe a slice or two of apple. It is absolutely delicious and becaused it still has the pulp there's a little "bulk" to it that makes me feel like I'm eating and drinking.
    Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Instead of incurring the wrath of 'the demon milk' from dairy, why not try finding a non-dairy type of yogurt to add to your smoothie ? i guess you are trying to add protein to your smoothie. If you look up the list of foods that are dense with protein, you will be surprised at the amount of protein that is in spinach.
    You do not need dairy in your diet. The human body doesn't metabolize milk, or the calcium from milk, very well. Don't be fooled by the dairy association . Do you smell coffee ? Or something else ?

Comment

Soy, rice and almond milks are also delicious and non dairy. There's even different flavours like chocolate and vanilla. The vanilla is awesome with cereal, adds some personality.
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Cat Mom
        just curious. Are these alternative milks made into yogurt ?
        I have never looked for them. I was told that there is yogurt made from coconut milk.

Comment

Hi JerryD

Thought I would jump in and answer your question since I just bought a yogurt that was made with almond milk. I like it very much and intend to buy more,

Comment

Bammaw, I'm glad you've made the decision to get back on track.

Ahhh, nothing like a 'chewy' smoothie! lol

Unless you're only drinking liquid nutrition, adding a protein powder may be unecessary.

Plus you can find excellent rice and bean amino acid powders, hemp powders, and other non-dairy protein powders, NO soy.

I mostly use goat dairy; kefir, yogurt cheese when I want a little yummm.
            But there are so many excellent non-dairy goodies out there. Experinment, have fun and enjoy.
            NutritionTara
            Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

thankful for y'all

THANK YOU Tara and all for the great imput. Am very encouraged today. Feeling better already after a couple of days going GF & modified dairy free (except for these darn allergies---hey--- maybe I'll see an improvement here too! ) . Why don't I remember how much better I feel eating more wisely!
              Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

Originally posted by bammaw View Post
                THANK YOU Tara and all for the great imput. Am very encouraged today. Feeling better already after a couple of days going GF & modified dairy free (except for these darn allergies---hey--- maybe I'll see an improvement here too! ) . Why don't I remember how much better I feel eating more wisely!
                Whey protein is good for health an diets 100% natural made with no added colors and sugar and it is also available in several of flavors. Whey Protein also gain your weight and muscles strength.

Comment

Working...
                X