LEAP MRT food sensitivity testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEAP MRT food sensitivity testing

Has anyone had the LEAP MRT food sensitivity testing done? It is supposed to be more effective than than IgG and IgE testing. There isn't a lot of info on the internet that I can find.

Quackwatch has LEAP MRT on its list of dubious tests. http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...ergytests.html

Comment

I did the Ig types of tests and it found a lot of foods that were hurting me. I figured out that if I followed the recommendations I feel much better with more energy. Food sensitivities and allergies, as well as other stuff, need to be excised from your life, if you want to improve your quality of life with MS. Good luck

Comment

Lets walk through how ALL these food allergy testing programs work:

They draw your blood and then ship it off to a lab. Your blood is then subjected to different "allergens" and studied for its reaction to the substance.

Now the problem I have with that:
        The foods the lab is using to test your blood is (most likely) none of the actual foods you are consuming from your local market. So the validaty of the reaction is questionable.

My ND friends who use these tests, all the time, admit there is truth in what I am saying.

However, it is a valuable way to get people to pay attention to the diet, eliminate crap, and systematically introduce foods. All of which is a good and helpful way to get poeple to clean up their diets.
        Especially when you spend all that money! lol
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Skin testing done by an allergist is far more reliable than any blood tests, although the true test of an allergy is symptoms upon consumption, not a positive or negative blood/skin test. I'd advise having a board certified allergist perform testing, as the methods and science involved will be much more reliable.

Comment

I just had skin allergy testing done at my allergists office and I reacted to less foods than my test 10 years ago.

Coconut, cherries....both of these I have eaten and not noticed an asthmatic reaction!

Shrimp, crab ( I found about these the hard way back in '91 )....oysters, too.
            Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Working...
            X