Speaking of Malic Acid ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of Malic Acid ...

anybody know of any reason to not take it while on a CRAB?

At this time I don't plan changing DMDs but with all of the positive research on BG-12 I am considering adding MA to my supplement regimen.
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

No, taking Malic Acid is like eating apples, fruit, and it is used in all sorts of food products.

Comment

Thank you Knuckle, that's what I thought.
      DX 10/2008
      Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
      Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
      Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Knuckle, you do take it with one other particular supplement, right? I can't recall which one it is. How much and how often?

Comment

Magnesium

The research that was done with Fibromyalgia used doses of Malic Acid around 1800mg per day as I recall. The subjects experienced significant reductions in pain and fatigue.

Magnesium does a bunch of good things for MSers, including helping to spasticity, jerks, twitches, etc. If you have bladder urgency for example, magnesium often helps - did with me.

So I take a magnesium complex 2X a day and 600mg malic acid 3X a day.

If you google Apple Cider Vinegar with MS or many other autoimmune diseases, you'll find it's widely proclaimed as a home remedy cure. It's the malic acid in the apples.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away certainly rings true.

Comment

Is there some issue with kidneys and MA?

I take Calcium 250/Magnesium 125 X 5 per day. So that should be plenty of Magnesium, right?

How much Magnesium do you take knuckle? Thanks for the information, but the way.

Comment

Working...
            X