Juice recipes . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juice recipes . . .

Since there are a few juicers here, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing their favorite juice blends? I'm finding it's really hard to mess up a juice because they all taste good to me. But, it's always nice to hear what other people are blending and sometimes brings surprises and new ideas. Yesterday, I tried one with sweet potato that was surprisingly good. It looked like cantaloupe juice (pretty color) but had the taste of a high end carrot juice.

1 small pineapple
    1 sweet potato
    1 orange
    3 carrots
    3 stalks celery
    1 inch piece of ginger

The sweet potato went in, peel and all. It was surprising how much came out of it!
    It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

HEY JUMPY!

Your recipe sounds great! I'm still in the R&D phase
    of juicer procurement. High on my wish list...

How big (#'s) was your pineapple? And what was the
    yield, volume wise?

Love the idea of a "juicer recipes" thread. Hope it
    catches on!

me
    "I'm not limping!! I'm just favoring each leg differently!!"

Comment

Hi, LL! If it's high on your wish list, I would highly recommend one. I'm not having a huge immediate impact on energy levels like I'd hoped, but I can tell there is some improvement in the brain fog department and an almost immediate increase in the number of exercise reps I can get in on days I do juice. Hopefully, with continued effort, more improvements will come along. There is a slight but noticeable impact on energy levels, however.

I can't answer on the number size of the pineapple - I didn't know there was a grading on the size. Because the store was sold out of large ones, I bought two and feel that would have equaled a larger pineapple they usually have stocked.

Overall, the recipe yielded almost exactly a quart. Let's juice! I don't think you would regret the purchase. Unless you're diabetic and have to watch the impact on blood sugar levels, I can't think of any drawbacks to doing it. Except in the case of grapefruit juice, which can affect how certain meds are metabolized by the liver.

Comment

Whizzed up some new recipes that turned out pretty good. Got the freezer stocked for a short while. Here they are:

Gingery Orange Beet juice

3 beets
        5 oranges
        1 apple
        1/4 gingerroot

Absolutely beautiful. Looks like liquid jewels in a glass jar. The taste blew me away. This has potential to become a new favorite.

Cherry Blackberry

1 bag of cherries
        1 pint blackberries
        1 lemon
        1 inch piece ginger

Worth the effort of having to stop to scoop out cherry seeds. Pleasantly surprised at the flavor of fresh cherry juice, but add in some blackberries and oh boy. I felt the blend needed a little more acid and zest, so added the lemon and ginger.

Sweet potato pinapple

3/4 pineapple
        2 large sweet potatoes

Wonderful. Loving the sweet potato juice.

Made the Mean Green with parsley today. Great stuff. Happy juicing!

Comment

Love My Juicing

I am so glad to see a juicing thread. I try to juice everyday after my workouts. I have a Juiceman juicer, make it by the single (big) serving, and drink it immediately. I'll alternate between rosy and green juices and throw in a blended drink when I am not up to cleaning the juicer or I need something more food-like.

Here's my system:
          1) a rosy juice
          ALWAYS includes a big carrot
          and TWO others from my usual on-hand fruits like strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, apple, grapes, orange.

2) a green juice
          ALWAYS includes celery
          and TWO others from the refrigerator like Granny Smith apple, cucumber, parsley, romaine, green grapes, kale.

3) a blended drink
          ALWAYS includes plain yoghurt
          ALWAYS includes banana
          and one other fruit
          and a little OJ or pomegranate or lemon juice.

Hope I am not over-sharing, but juicing stimulates my evangelical fervor. LOL

Stay lifted.
          Mermaid
          "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."

-Henri Amiel

Comment

Kale Tonic

Try starting the day with this:

1 entire bunch of kale (or collards, chard, etc.)
            2 carrots
            1 apple
            1/2 lemon
            1" ginger
            Dilute with equal parts water

Its very green but I've grown to love it, and I feel noticeably better for the rest of the day.

Comment

kale smoothies increase my energy and cleared up my skin!

kale
              small handful raw almonds
              fat free milk
              local honey
              banana
              vanilla protein powder (optional)

blend in my vitamix. people at work look at me like im crazy when i bring my smoothies in because they are always green or brown!
              Katie
              dx rrms: 2/12
              copaxone 3/12 - current
              dx pcos 6/13
              gluten free, sugar free, dairy free = feeling great!

Comment

Originally posted by rainykatie View Post
                kale smoothies increase my energy and cleared up my skin!

kale
                small handful raw almonds
                fat free milk
                local honey
                banana
                vanilla protein powder (optional)

blend in my vitamix. people at work look at me like im crazy when i bring my smoothies in because they are always green or brown!
                Sounds great!

For anyone who's avoiding dairy, one of the non-dairy "milks" could be used, and there are non-dairy protein powders (my favorite comes from hemp).

Comment

Working...
                X