What does CoQ10 do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does CoQ10 do?

When I saw my doctor last month, she suggested I take CoQ10. I have very high cholesterol and triglycerides. But what exactly is CoQ10 and what is it good for? I've seen it mentioned here before, but I'm not sure what it is or why I need it.

By the way, I have cut out all diet sodas, sugar, most fats, and fried foods. I'm eating whole grains, fruits and veggies, lean meats, a little dairy, and I'm drinking a lot of water. I have lost 14 lbs. in the last month, and I feel so much better, even with my current non-stop schedule. (My dad has been in the hospital for the past three weeks, and I'm also working 14-hour days four days a week.) I noticed a big difference this evening when I got home from getting groceries. I was able to carry everything in and put it up without huffing and puffing and being out of breath. I'm actually at my lowest weight I've been in probably 15 years. And I'm not done yet!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

From what I've heard...it boosts your immune system. If you have MS, your immune system is already wacky..ie, attacking your body...I don't take it
    [I]Tellnhelen
    Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

As what I have red, most people have enough CoQ10 naturally but dropping levels on ages.

Comment

Coenzyme Q or CoQ-10 is made by the body. It helps to prevent heart disease, control blood glucose (sugar), and helps vitamin E to perform better.

It comes in supplement form or foods such as calves liver, whole grain germ, or fish.

Scope
        Source: Whole Foods website

Comment

CoQ10

I agree with carlos. CoQ10 is natural substance of our body. But as we grow older, our CoQ10 level goes down making it important to take CoQ10 supplements that help rebalancing our CoQ10 levels. I'm just 25 years old but as my friends recommendations, I started to take 1 capsule of *** CoQ10 few months back and results was amazing....

**name withheld because it is not a proven fact that any brand is better than the others**

Comment

What were the effects of

taking it?

Comment

Working...
            X