Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDL too low

Tara,

my LDL is too low, about 32. Do you know anything that will raise it that is besides saturated fat?

thanks,

BigA

I've never had anyone ask me that question.

Assuming you mean LDL and not HDL.....
    Not on a statin?

All the opposites: eating saturated fat and cholesterol may increase your levels some. Low-fiber diet; fiber sequesters cholesterol in the intestines and carriers it out to be eliminated. B vitamins are essential for conversion and metabolism of cholesterol in the liver....

Your liver will determine how much to make for the body.

LDL is not the bad guy! it is essential for making immunoglobulins. Statin users have a higher (statistically significant) incidence of cancer because of lower LDL levels.

I'm very curious your history and all re this??

Pritikin had very low LDL. He also had cancer and was depressed...enough to commit suicide??
    NutritionTara
    Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Tara,

thanks. No statins - just naturally low cholesterol, LDL. Now that I'm on a low saturated fat diet, it's very low.

I guess my liver is making all the body needs, but I'd like to raise it a bit.

I do feel very fine, though

Comment

BigA, would you mind telling us your number?

I had made suggestions on how to raise it.
        Again though remembering, there are important jobs for LDL - most specifically to do with the immune system.
        Are your WBCs normal?
        And then you can look at specific WBCs (in the differential)and see if there are any out of range....perhaps indicating a specific immune response/problem.

And I'm all about the immune system- I do aggressive immune things, especially for statin uses. with too low of LDLs.
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
        X