good cleanses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good cleanses?

just wondering if there were any cleansing regimens that anyone here preferred. in light of my recent upswing in allergy development i'd like to try one. maybe cleaning out some toxins will get my immune system to chill the %&*( out for a bit?
    dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Hi meegun,

If I'm remembering correctly, Tara doesn't particularly recommend dietary cleanses/detoxes. She does recommend castor packs, though. Here's an older thread that has good directions for doing the packs (the thread is about Candida, but the directions are the same for everything).

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...hlight=cleanse

Having said that, I do a macrobiotic cleanse myself periodically. It's three days of nothing but veggies (no fruit), brown rice, and a small bowl of plain miso soup, plus plenty of water. The fourth day I add 5% protein (I do eat legumes, so for me it's sprouted tofu, tempeh, aduki beans or lentils). I continue that for up to 10 days total.

But that's just me.

Comment

Colon Cleanses

My gastroenterologist M.D.is absolutely against colon cleanses of all types. I asked him about it once and got an earful. It is his position that these unregulated products do more harm than good. He says that there are both "good" bacteria and "bad" bacteria that naturally exist in the intestinal tract and colon cleansing upsets their balance. He said that if you are concerned about colon health then you should make sure you have a high fiber diet, drink lots of water and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Needless to say, I have never purchased any colon cleanse products.

Comment

hi jessie,

i was hoping to do something more like what sequoia was speaking of. i also am against buying "cleansing products" because i think that by and large they are just junk. the cleanses that i was thinking of involve some sort of restricted foods intake or fasting. like a juice fast or that lemon juice and cayenne pepper thing. anyhow, i totally agree with your doctor that taking a handful of pills or a powdered drink mix to "cleanse your colon" is a waste of time.

sequoia, thanks for the link to taras thread. i will be sure to take a look.
        dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

If you're having "allery" problems then the cleanse is to eliminate those foods you are intolerant to.
          NutritionTara
          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Has anyone had a colonic irrigation or colon hydrotherapy? Both produced good results for me.

Comment

Working...
            X