Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK OK OK

Do I have your attention

I wanted to ask anyone who is taking vitamins about them. I have been trying to do research on them but I could sit for 25 hours of the day researching them
    I have had it with all the medications....I am putting them DOWN and trying a new route because clearly this one isn't working. I think I am going about it all wrong. I am going to Physical Therapy on Friday (which I am so excited about) and now I want to try vitamins and I am going to try to eat better and just get my quality of life back! I am only 32 year old and I well...maybe it is time for me to be in control of things

What are you on as far as Vitamins??

I was wondering about Vitamin b12
    Omega 3 and 6 and I am already Vit D

Thank you!!!

My mother is going to buy me a 3 month supply of Juice Plus.
    **URL removed per MSWorld Guideline #6. You may put the link in your Profile for all registered, signed-in members to see.**
    Anyways, it's not a supplement but food in pill form. The amount of fruits and veggies you are supposed to eat in a day is insane(my stomach just isn't big enough nor my wallet). There is no gluten, and while I will still eat, snack, etc, these should give me everything I need nutritionally. If you think about how much fresh fruit and vegetables cost..It's actually cheaper in the long run. Plus, how often have you thrown away overly ripe stuff(bananas are awful). For somebody who has trouble cooking due to fatigue, this could be a dream for me. I might have to buy and extra month supply before the verdict is out because they say that it takes about 4 months to really notice the benefits. It can't hurt. I will still take my meds though. I don't want to get worse and good nutrition should be important for anybody. Good luck.

Comment

I think if you want to treat your MS without drugs, you should focus on supplements that have a role on modulating your immune system. By modulating, specifically on supplements that research has shown modulates T-cells - the bad actors in MS.

While vitamin D is a big one, you should add Malic Acid as when Malic Acid combines with vitamin D in the Kreb's Cycle, the way our body's produce cellular energy, it seems to modulate T-cells. The new Biogen drug, BG-12, essentially works this way but with Fumaric Acid Esters, derived from Fumaric Acid, which is derived from Malic Acid.

I suggest you google each of the following with "multiple sclerosis". All have shown promise in research.

N-acetyl Glucosamine

Curcumin

Cinnamon

Saffron

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Along with Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN), vitamin D, fish/flax oil, and avacado oil that's my supplement list.

www.LDNaware.org

In my opinion, what I thnk it all comes down to is endorphins. Endorphins are hormones that modulate the T-cells of the immune system. Exercise, sunshine/vitamin D, spices (curcumin / cinnamon / saffron), LDN, all produce endorphins.

Comment

I am sorry I should have been more clear. I am not treating my MS I am treating my pain and fatigue and all the other crap that comes along with MS. I have to be on the big guns for MS or I would probably be in a wheelchair right now (who knows maybe one day that will change)

Thank you!

Comment

Oh, I forgot to add that I am taking 10,000 IU of D3, fish and flax oil, Magnesium, and Calcium. I haven't noticed anything yet but they are the "essentials". Also, I have been taking a tbsp or more of extra honey(organic, right from the farm). I do notice that I am sleeping a lot better since, so therefore more rested over all. If anything, it helps with the mental fatigue more than the physical right now but I will take anything positive.

Comment

I'm doing gummi prenatal vitamins. No worries about swallowing and they have most of the needed vitamins.

Comment

Yes you do! I wouldn't stop all my meds,"cold turkey". Depending what you're on it could have unwanted effects.
              I take a multi vit., Vit D, CoQ10 & C. Are you on any DMD?
              I'm on Rebif & those are all my neuro wants me to take,I've been doing this for 11yrs. now & works well for me. Keep us posted God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

I am on Tysabri and I take Topamax for my Migranines and I am taking Vit D right now...that is it! I just stopped taking Gabapentin because it did NOTHING for me! (which stinks because I have over 600 pills and I am going to have to pitch them unless I can donate them but they are in a opened container so I know I will have a hard time with that I HATE TO JUST THROW THEM AWAY because it does work for other people just not me!!!)

Comment

B vitamins; a whole food B complex would be an "essential" for a basic supplement program.
                  NutritionTara
                  Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Originally posted by owlnona View Post
                    Yes you do! I wouldn't stop all my meds,"cold turkey". Depending what you're on it could have unwanted effects.
                    I take a multi vit., Vit D, CoQ10 & C. Are you on any DMD?
                    I'm on Rebif & those are all my neuro wants me to take,I've been doing this for 11yrs. now & works well for me. Keep us posted God Bless Nona Judy
                    P.S. I forgot!(cog fog)LOL, I'm also on a RX B vit.my neuro gave me.

Comment

vitamins

i take a B complex, magnesium (helps for spasms, twitches etc), Vit C to help absorption, currently taking an organic iron & multi mineral liquid formula to help fight fatigue, lecithin capsules & Omega 3,6,&9 in a flax seed capsule.
                      Also use protein powder & MSM/Chrondoitin Joint Food formula in powder form & add to a fruit smoothie. The protein powder works well - research your brands & get advice as to which has the best ie most complete amino acids etc. Helps fight fatigue & also can help improve sleep. Also isn't heavy on your stomach.
                      I've had MS for 13 yrs - have tried most things- these supplements are the ones that I stick with because they help, hope it can help you too.

Comment

Since September of 2008, I've been taking 1,000 mg of acetyl L-carnitine and 200 mg of alpha lipoic acid a day, which has tremendously helped my fatigue.

A couple of years ago, my Vit. D levels were low (26), so my doctor put me on the 50,000 IU a week dosage, then I started taking 2,000 IU a day. About six months ago, I started taking 10,000 IU every other day. In December when I had my Vit. D levels checked again, they were up to 36. My doctor wants them above 40, so I'm now taking 10,000 IU every day (plus extra that is in my multivitamin and my calcium supplement.) I've had less residual neurological symptoms and less flare ups since I've been taking Vitamin D.

I also take the following:

Omega 3-6-9
                        Multivitamin
                        Calcium
                        Potassium
                        B-complex
                        Niacin
                        Two baby aspirin a day (which Dr. Oz says will prevent skin wrinkles. We'll see about that!)
                        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Vitamins

I take:

Multi-Vitamin -
                          Flaxseed Oil capsule
                          Chlorophyll - just started taking it
                          2000un Vitamin D3
                          Magnesium Capsule - take occasionally at night
                          Calcium, Vit D3 and Mag combo - take at night

Not on any type DMD meds at the moment. Was told I had ms Feb 2011 - in denial and that's where I will keep the ms. I am going through menopause and I do believe the symptoms I am having are menopause related.

I don't think I had any type relapses. I tried Copaxone for a very short time.. maybe a month.. it was ok. If I ever feel the need for it, I will take it.. but for now, I am sticking with my vitamins, etc.

Not sure if I can put the brand/company that has Natural vitamins/supplements. If anyone is interested.. feel free to email me.. email address is in my profile.

Ms. Jay

Comment

Originally posted by futurmil2b View Post
                            Not sure if I can put the brand/company that has Natural vitamins/supplements. If anyone is interested.. feel free to email me.. email address is in my profile.
                            There are many brands of natural vitamins/supplements. It's okay to mention the one you prefer, as long as you don't post a link to their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
                              There are many brands of natural vitamins/supplements. It's okay to mention the one you prefer, as long as you don't post a link to their website.

Oh.. ok. Natures Sunshine has great natural vitamin supplements.

Ms. Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X