Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diomed View Post
    lol. I tend to yammer too.
    Thanks for the tips. So, sugar in my coffee then? I am so used to splenda. Bummer. If no sugar, then honey? Does honey taste Ok in coffee. I have never tried it. I cannot drink coffee without some sweetener in it. Damn. I can't give up my 2 cups in the morning. I know it doesn't help with the bladder but I do keep it in check.
    Thanks for you quick replies.
    Sugar is processed too, sadly.

You can get less processed brands (Sucanat is one) in health food stores.

I do use stevia when I absolutely have to have some sweetener, but I don't buy the processed kind (Truvia). I get pure stevia powder at the health food store.

Comment

Have to admit I still do sugar in my coffee, but am trying to adjust to just using vanilla almond milk- apparently it can even be frothed!
      Diagnosed June 2011, Avonex 7/11-12/11

"We don't describe the world we see, we see the world we describe"

Comment

will I ever remember this?!

Originally posted by nutritiontara View Post
        Ffjosh: "feel so much better when I eat right"

Just thought it needed repeating
        HAD TO RE-REPEAT THIS ONE. I have been living just the opposite of eating right and am suffering the consequences. Back on the wagon starting today. Gonna needs lots of prayer and time with the Lord on this one. At 61 it's just hard to change the habits of a lifetime..not to mention food addictions! It creeps back in so subtly. Sigh. BUT you all are such an inspiration and Tara is the bomb when it comes to expert advice, help and encouragement....as are so many others here who share (Sequoia comes to mind ). Feeling a little down (depressed) at where I let myself get to but hopeful at the same time.THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE FOR ME.
        Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

When I read "feel so much better", I think " so what did your doctor tell you' ? I thought they were the experts !
          Do you have a handle on your vitamin D levels ? Do you know where your other hormone levels are ? I won't go long, but I feel the need to cxomment !
          I will say, if you treat your body with care, it will probably respond in kind.
          But I read some lines in here like "I can't do without pasta"... "I have to eat a lot of meat protien"... 'I drink milk'...blah, blah, blah !
          Are you guys kidding me? There has been a correlation between MS and high protein since the end of WWII by Dr. Swank. Do you think this is bunk ? Do you know about food sensitivities ?
          Read Dr. McDougall's experiences. He is on you tube. This is clinical observation. What about Dr. Terry Wahls. She is on there too. This stuff has been working in some form for 70 years. Even Dr. Weil has weighed in on these issues. He studied medicine at Harvard medical school. He's such a quack ! All of these MDs must be !!
          These are not cures. Neither are the DMD's. Medical science has not crued this despite spending billions on research.
          Eating carefully is not toxic. The DMD's are. You choose for yourselves. Remember the Hippocratic oath,"first , do no harm".

Comment

Ya know, Jerry, what they say about healthy eating. It may not cure ya, but it can't hurt ya.

I have finally begun to buckle down and have done the following, I will implement more changes soon:

*No more Potatoes, eggplant, peppers and tomatoes. As much as I hate it, I have to let them go. This goes for any other nightshades I forgot to mention.

*More white meat chicken and lean fish. I bet I can fully avoid beef and pork, we rarely eat it anymore.

*No alcohol. No exceptions. Even though we made our own wine and it was phenomenal.

*I plan to eliminate sugar, trans fats, refined grains artificial food additives and dairy, as much as possible. I grieve deeply for some of these-as I am addicted. This will be a good test in self-control and will power.

Legumes and wheat pasta are a huge part of my family culture. We are Italian and my parents came to the US very poor and these are staples for us. I absolutely love them, and I am seriously unsure I can go without them. With that said, I have pasta about once per week.
            Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

To bring this back up I stopped working out and got off my diet for about a month just to give my body a break.

In the mean time i ate horrible, I actually am more tired, felt sicker, ect ect.

Started eating right latley and eating ALOT of good foods (bulking up) and I feel great again.

Comment

Working...
              X