Supplements vessel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplements vessel...

I have read so much information about the best way for your body to absorb vitamins. Many say the best supplements are powder form added to water and drank. Many say taking them in pill form (from a quality provider such as Dr. Weil) is just fine. Curious what Tara and others think.

I know getting vitamins from food is the best way for your body to use them but supplements are a good addition as well. IMO

Thanks!
    "I'm not sure what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us,he will not ask,'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask,'How much love did you put into what you did?"—Mother Teresa

What I think:

The trick is to maximize the ability of your body to absorb the supplements you take. Liquid forms are most easily absorbed, whether you buy them as a liquid or as a powder to mix into water or juice. Softgels are next best, followed by capsules. They break down fairly easily in the stomach. Hard tablets are the least desirable. Studies show that they tend to pass right through you without breaking down at all, making for very expensive poop!

Comment

Thank you. The liquid form makes the most sense to me but good to hear other opinions.

You're a sweetie to answer all of my questions.

"I'm not sure what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us,he will not ask,'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask,'How much love did you put into what you did?"—Mother Teresa

Comment

I think your body breaks down hard pills pretty easy. Just imagine all the acid thats in your stomach. I don't think a little powdery pill has a chance.

But I do try to eat a little snack to help obsorb my pills

Comment

I've had problems taking Magnesium. Never could seem to take it without it causing intentinal issues. Then I started using a magnesium powder, and since I can tweek the dose, it's much better.

Also, when I'd take calcium in a pill form, I'd also get an upset stomach, but I started getting it in the "gummy" tablet form, and it doesn't seem to cause a problem.

Comment

Working...
          X