Dr. Wahl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Wahl

I came across this series of videos tonight. The way Dr. Wahl explains how our brain works and what it needs is quite informative. I love this series and ordered one of the dvds. Thought others might be interested or have some feedback if they have already read/watched the dvds.

http://www.healthynewage.com/blog/food-as-medicine-one/
    "I'm not sure what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us,he will not ask,'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask,'How much love did you put into what you did?"—Mother Teresa

Dr. Wahls (it's Wahls, not Wahl) has some fans here. I'm one of them myself; I have her book, and it's very good.

Have you seen this thread?

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=116530

Also, if you search this forum for Terry Wahls you'll find several other mentions.

Comment

No,,,I had not found that thread. Thank you! I realized I had misspelled it after my post... my bad. I ordered a few things on Amazon last night... "Minding my Mitochondria" and "Foods to Eat" audio cd.

I don't expect to be "cured" but I think that eating better always has it's benefits!

"I'm not sure what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us,he will not ask,'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask,'How much love did you put into what you did?"—Mother Teresa

Comment

I saw the video too--Wow! wonderful results that she had! and I am in awe of her.. I received the link to her video from my sister who thought I should have a look. The problem with this kind of thing is when people that don't have MS see this they think all you need to do is "change your diet" and you, too, will be cured! It flies in the face of all the science out there! I am frustrated with that kind of ignorance from people that don't understand!

Any suggestions on how to get them to understand a little better? I wish it were as easy as Dr. Wahls' video made it seem! I think her groudbreaking nutrition would be the cure and all the pharmaceutical companies would go out of business! I am just fed up with well-meaning family members showing me the next best thing that is a vitamin or diet when MS is much more complicated than that..
        Suggestions on how to show them would be SO appreciated!!
        Thanks and sorry for venting!
        Bon

Comment

Just a reminder that Dr. Wahls did not get out of her wheelchair through nutrition alone. Electrotherapy for the spinal cord was part of the equation too.

Her diet, while very MS-friendly IMHO, is not radically different from other MS diets. In fact, she recommends The MS Recovery Diet by Ann D. Sawyer and Judith E. Bachrach in her own book.

Comment

sparky, i hope so too!
            dx: RRMS 9/8/11 copaxone 12/5/11

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon01 View Post
              I saw the video too--Wow! wonderful results that she had! and I am in awe of her.. I received the link to her video from my sister who thought I should have a look. The problem with this kind of thing is when people that don't have MS see this they think all you need to do is "change your diet" and you, too, will be cured! It flies in the face of all the science out there! I am frustrated with that kind of ignorance from people that don't understand!

Any suggestions on how to get them to understand a little better? I wish it were as easy as Dr. Wahls' video made it seem! I think her groudbreaking nutrition would be the cure and all the pharmaceutical companies would go out of business! I am just fed up with well-meaning family members showing me the next best thing that is a vitamin or diet when MS is much more complicated than that..
              Suggestions on how to show them would be SO appreciated!!
              Thanks and sorry for venting!
              Bon
              Perhaps if they understood Dr. Wahls mentioned this is what worked for her and may not work for all of the MSrs out there.

And what about those that are too stinking tired, too brain foggy, or too disabled to do all of that shopping, chopping, cooking and transporting to PT? It happens. And most don't have the resources to pay someone to do it for them, or the right combination of elements in a household to pull it off.
              I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Working...
              X