No announcement yet.

McDonalds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you should never eat a cheeseburger or much else at MacDonalds. Maybe a side salad and apple dippers (but not the caramel)

Comment

Apple dippers with no caramel?!!?!? What is this world coming to?!?!

BigA - I am pretty sure I need you to make stop eating the salted caramel at my desk. My willpower has left the building today. Pretty sure my butt has grown in the last hour. Need to do an extra workout tonight...

Sequoia - totally agree on the coconut milk yogurt! My Safeway had a lame yogurt selection and I was left with soy...booo.
      dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

Anyone that can choke down soy yogurt for its health benefits either has lost the connection from tastebuds to brain, or they're a real trooper and deserve a bag full of these:

I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

eating veggie at McDonalds

Jumpin Jiminy, I love your signature line ... says it all for me!

Once in a while my husband and I stop at McDonalds for a quick lunch. Since I gave up meat four years ago, and all fried food, and dairy, my choices were salad or salad.

Then a few years ago, they introduced "snack wraps" to their menu ... of course, they came with chicken, "grilled or crispy." I would order them without chicken, just lettuce and chipotle barbecue sauce. They would look puzzled. They would stare at their keyboard. They would look back at me. Often, they would repeat "grilled or crispy?"

I would tell them to press the "no meat" button. They would get their manager, who would find something suitable to press. Then they would go to the kitchen and explain "no chicken" to the staff there.

They would inevitably give me the snack wrap either with chicken, or with no sauce, and I would give it back to them. Sometimes it would come back to me with ranch dressing. I would give it back again.

I sent a letter to the corporate headquarters and asked them to add "veggie snack wrap" to their menu, but they said no, that wouldn't sell.

I eventually became known at our local McDonalds (there are, of course, four or five that we hit in the course of a year) and the errors are dwindling. But as the staff turnover is quick, I remain steadfast in re-training the rookies.

It's really pretty good, and pretty inexpensive. The chipotle sauce gives it a little zing, and makes it worth it.
          First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
          Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

Comment

ROTFL! Hilarious! My son and husband eat more of it than I do. We don't go out much and usually order in if anything - fried shrimp and french fries or pizza. Every now and then, I'll run out and pick up some Chinese, if I'm heading down that way. But I will not go out of my way to get McDs. If son is with me, I gently try and steer him toward something better - like Subway or a local something with real food choices.

I've never seen coconut yogurt in a store. Do you make it yourselves?

Comment

Coconut yogurt is available in whole food/health food stores. I get it at my local whole food co-op.

It would be theoretically possible to make it yourself with coconut milk and a source of live yogurt culture. I used to make dairy yogurt regularly when I had a houseful of kids to feed. Baked all our bread too, made tofu, made tempeh...those days are long gone, but fondly remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
                Coconut yogurt is available in whole food/health food stores. I get it at my local whole food co-op.

It would be theoretically possible to make it yourself with coconut milk and a source of live yogurt culture. I used to make dairy yogurt regularly when I had a houseful of kids to feed. Baked all our bread too, made tofu, made tempeh...those days are long gone, but fondly remembered.
                Just the mention of co-ops or making bread and tofu is dredging up a lot of fond memories here too. I've never made tofu or yogurt, but have always wanted to try it. I'd so love to get back into some of those cooking projects again. This week, I'm sort of on a cooking binge. Who knows what next week will bring?

This week was tasty and healthier though, for a change.

Comment

"Choke down" is so appropriate. I'd have to "choke down" cow's milk yogurt so much, that I wouldn't eat it. I never tried soy, because I can't imagine eating soy yogurt.

I found out a few months ago that I was allergic to dairy (among other things), and coconut milk yogurt was suggested. It is soo good. I'd eat it all the time if I could! Even the plain. And I mix it with berries. It doesn't have the nasty fermented taste. blech.

My grocery store has a health food section and I find it there.

Comment

This must not be the thread to talk about the 1/2 lb steak I just ate.

j
                    Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Working...
                    X