Salt and water vs. saltwater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt and water vs. saltwater

I have a quick gag reflex thats easy to trigger sometimes. One the big things is warm salty water. If it goes down it won't stay down.

My question before I try it is, do you think if I swallow straight salt and then drink the water it will have the same effect as drinking straight saltwater?

Why?

I'm just wondering you are drinking salt water in the first place?
    M.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by maitrimama View Post
      I'm just wondering you are drinking salt water in the first place?
      Check out this thread, Tara's response in particular (post #5).

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=115181

Comment

blockage

Sorry asked this one my phone and I guess my thoughts went faster than my typing.

The saltwater solution for a blockage. Take it and lay on your right side for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemanda View Post
          The saltwater solution for a blockage. Take it and lay on your right side for a bit.
          A saltwater solution can be used as a remedy for constipation. It shouldn't be relied on to help an intestinal blockage! An intestinal blockage can be fatal and requires prompt medical intervention.

Comment

I do the sea salt from the health food store. Not the whole seasalt craze that is going on. Healthfood store,its called redmonds REAL SEA SALT. The reason I was taught bout "real" seasalt,was.............when we drink water,we lose alot of our "REAL" electrolytes. And,lots of us have adrenal innsuffiency,hence low bp,fatigue,easy to dehydrate. I put a teaspoon on my tongue and chase it with water. Im telling you somedays this has saved me from goin down with that fatigue we all hate. You can actually get a book called "Water" Not sure who the author is,but it makes so much sense. And again,get it from the healthfood store,not the grocery store.It is in no way the same thinng.

Comment

I agree with billiejeane! Get real sea salt. Like RealSalt as billiejeane said. Billiejeane, is it from Utah?
              I didn't know about putting a teaspoon on your tongue and then drinking it down with water. I have to try that as I, too, have low blood pressure and I do seem to dehydrate easily.

I used RealSalt for a salt water flush, and I use another sea salt on my veggies and meat, whatever. So tasty. They're both sun/wind dried salt straight from the sea, not processed table salt.

Comment

Originally posted by billiejeane View Post
                I do the sea salt from the health food store. Not the whole seasalt craze that is going on. Healthfood store,its called redmonds REAL SEA SALT. The reason I was taught bout "real" seasalt,was.............when we drink water,we lose alot of our "REAL" electrolytes. And,lots of us have adrenal innsuffiency,hence low bp,fatigue,easy to dehydrate. I put a teaspoon on my tongue and chase it with water. Im telling you somedays this has saved me from goin down with that fatigue we all hate. You can actually get a book called "Water" Not sure who the author is,but it makes so much sense. And again,get it from the healthfood store,not the grocery store.It is in no way the same thinng.
                Where did you learn that, billiejeane? Was it from the book you mentioned, or from a health care practitioner?

I found a book on Amazon called Your Body's Many Cries for Water by F. Batmanghelidj, M.D. Was that it?

A full teaspoon seems excessive to me, certainly for people who already have high BP, but I'm not a professional nutritionist. Hopefully Tara will be able to clarify this for us, as well as the electrolyte and adrenal exhaustion issues.

Comment

Ok, this thread is all over the place.

Salt water flush: for constipation- not a blockage
                  1/2tsp sea salt in 6-8oz. water, first thing in the morning, lay down on right side for 10 min.

Sodium for adrenal support and BP regulation:
                  sodium stimulates the release of an adrenal hormone called aldesterone which helps the kidneys regulate fluid balance in the body.

Bluemanda, just add some air-dried sea salt to your food throughout the day. Don't punish yourself.
                  NutritionTara
                  Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X