Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question...

I'm currently on IVIG therapy (gammaplex) and i want to stop soon. The only thing that I have noticed that it does is boost my immune system. What supplements can i take to keep my immune system at it's peak instead of having my veins poked and prodded every other week? Thanks in advance for any info!

Originally posted by tiffdulla View Post
    I'm currently on IVIG therapy (gammaplex) and i want to stop soon. The only thing that I have noticed that it does is boost my immune system. What supplements can i take to keep my immune system at it's peak instead of having my veins poked and prodded every other week? Thanks in advance for any info!
    People with MS don't generally take supplements that boost the immune system. The conventional medical wisdom is that such supplements should be avoided.

Some of us, including Tara herself, question the validity of that advice though. It's not based on actual research evidence, so it's just a matter of physicians' opinions.

At any rate, I take N-Acetyl Cysteine every day. It's an anti-oxidant/anti-inflammatory (good for MS), with the added benefit of reducing the incidence &/or severity of colds and flu.

I also take Echinacea, but only when I'm starting to feel "flu-ish" and only until my symptoms have passed...usually in 2-3 days at most.

Comment

thanks Sequoia! i really need to be able to ward off colds, infections, the flu. it messes me up really bad. especially in the winter with the sinus infections. i end up in the hospital almost every time. with the ivig, i havent been sick at all (knock on wood). the only problem is its scarring up my veins, so id like to take a break from it for awhile. i appreciate ur answer, i have to look into N-Acetyl Cysteine, and i have taken echinachea before too. again, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tiffdulla View Post
        Bs, vit D, zinc, and castor packs will go along way in supporting your immune system.
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
        X