No announcement yet.

Supplements not to take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are only a couple on that list that I agree should be avoided.

I believe that you cannot simply lump supplements into a categroy like "boosts immunity". Even the term "immunity" is too broad. Each supplement has a different mechanism that must be considered with all of the pluses and minuses for the individual. And that is the other part that is a problem with a list- each individual needs a different approach.

For example, I'm a huge fan of the strong anti-oxidant suuplements. Those can be considered to "boost immunity", but the plus side of quenching free radicals is an essential part of what I need.

The one I would strongly avoid for MS'ers is Iron supplements.

My 2-cents worth.
    Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Miles View Post
      The one I would strongly avoid for MS'ers is Iron supplements.
      Are you concerned about iron supplements because of CCSVI (iron deposits in the brain), or for some other reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
        Are you concerned about iron supplements because of CCSVI (iron deposits in the brain), or for some other reason?
        Hello,
        CCSVI indicates what I believed was already known about iron in the brain. It makes sense.

Per Tara I removed iron, I felt better afterwards (perceived or not).
        Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

Working...
        X