Hummus...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hummus...?

I just bought some really good tasting humas! I know it's protein rich... but what are the other benefits of eating it?

Anybody have creative ways to eat it?!?

Peace,Babs

Hummus is great stuff, unless you're avoiding legumes as some MSers do.

The garbanzo beans are high in protein, the sesame tahini that's in most brands adds calcium, and the olive oil is one of the best fats for MS.

I mostly eat it on good gluten-free crackers myself, or use it as a sandwich spread on gluten-free bread with a lot of raw veggies, or as a wrap with a corn tortilla, cold steamed kale and matchsticked carrots.

I don't eat it regularly, though. It's more of a "party food" for me.

Comment

I love hummus. I even tried making it once, but it didn't turn out right. My favorite flavors are the garlic and the roasted red pepper. I eat it with pita bread (I'm not on a gluten-free diet), or veggies. I also eat it with kalamata olives. Yummy!
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I make it all the time.

I recently had a hummus sandwitch at a restaurant.

toasted Bread
        Hummus
        Thick cucumbers

there may have been tomato and lettuce. They put cheese on it but I declined the cheese, since I'm vegan+Fish.

It's wonderful. You can make it yourself. the only complex part is buying the tahini sauce. But after that, you can even use a can of beans + garlic + lemon juice + Tahini + Salt.

Comment

Hummus....YUM
          Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

I get mine from grocery store...reallt like it with bell peppers
            [I]Tellnhelen
            Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

It's easy and cheap to make. I keep dried garbanzos in the pantry and then make it by the pound in the blender.

Comment

When I was doing a Independent Diet experiment (for my IBS) I tried being a vegetarian for a year. Which it did help! The IBS that is....Not so good for low vitamin D tho..

I used to make hummus sandwiches with mozzarella cheese and cucumbers!! It was yummy,and feeling.

It is a great source of protein! not sure what else its good for tho...
                RRMS-2007-2012
                SPMS-2012
                Copaxone Feb,2007- 2008
                currently on Rebif

Comment

Unless you're out in the sun every day, every single person with MS should be supplementing with VitaminD, not relying on food. Here's an article.

http://www.overcomingmultiplescleros...+of+Wisconsin/

Comment

I do sit outside all the time,I love the outdoors.. but still can not rise my Vitamin D levels. I can not tan,rarely get burnt.. what can this be? Im really confused
                    RRMS-2007-2012
                    SPMS-2012
                    Copaxone Feb,2007- 2008
                    currently on Rebif

Comment

I don't tan; never have. That's why I became a sun avoider and that's why my VitaminD level went down to 13 and probably why I have MS.

Being white is good for VitaminD, but not if you keep out of the sun. Also, at some latitudes, you could stand naked all day outside and never get enough UV light.

So take your D3. It's the most important thing you can do.

Comment

Working...
                      X