To those who did NOT get results from ALA and ALC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GinnyRuth View Post
    Shashi: with the university studies did they take the 2,000 mg of ALC all at the same time? I have been really dragging lately and have been considering trying the 2,000 mg or even 1,500.
    Ginny Ruth, sorry I haven't gotten back with you about this sooner. I've been working 14 hour days recently and hardly have time to breathe!

I'm not sure if the dosage was at the same time or spaced throughout the day. I know that I take my 1,000 mg all at once, but if you want to increase to 2,000 mg, you might try breaking it up into two doses.

If I get time to find out anything else about it, I'll let you know.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I've been taking 1500 ALC for the last two days at the same time (in the AM on an empty stomach) so far so good. We shall see. Let me know if you find anything on the study. Thanks! Don't work too hard

Comment

This seems like a good place to tell my story, I've posted it on other threads talking about neuralgic pain in MEDICATIONS.

I've had fairly severe pain since Nov 2010, have been on Lyrica, which definitely helped. At my worst was taking 450mg/day, pushing up against the 600mg/day max reccommended. Recently I've been at 225mg/day. Now the most significant side effect of Lyrica is dizziness and unsteadiness on my feet, which of course is on top of feeling these things from MS itself.

I had been taking 200-400mg/day of ALA. A few days ago I read that ALA could be taken up to 1200mg/day, so I tried it 600mg am. 600mg pm., results were umbelievably positive.

Still taking Lyrica, but have been able to get by on 150-200mg/day, the pain control has been the best it's been in the last eleven months! I still frankly can't believe it. Now I know what works for one person may not work for another, I'm just putting it out there.

I've read about the side effect of severe headache, but luckily give the efficacy of this, I havn't had any. The only headache I have is, figuratively, MS itself.

I thought you all might find this interesting, I know I do.
        Godspeed.
        Dave

dx Nov 2010 Gilenya 7/2011

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

Has anyone experienced nausea as a side effect of ALA? I've been sick for 2 days and ALA is the only thing that's new.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnwillow View Post
            Has anyone experienced nausea as a side effect of ALA? I've been sick for 2 days and ALA is the only thing that's new.
            Mtnwillow, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I hope the nausea has resolved by now. If it was from the ALA, you might try taking it with food. They're more effective on an empty stomach, but I often take them with food.

Hugs,

Lisa
            Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
            Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
            Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I got mine from Walmart. They now have it in a combo form with 200/400 and I've been taking two a day. It helps some, but I still get worn out. I'm not sure if I'll ever solve this endurance issue.
              I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Working...
              X