Questions about the Swank Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about the Swank Diet

ive been thinking about going on this after college. (would b too hard to while in it.) however i do i have a few questions about it.

1. the recommended daily serving of fruit and dairy is 2. am i allowed to go over this? i do drink a lot of milk, so having only 2-3 servings a day would be an issue for me.

2. There are several things to be avoided on this diet. does that mean only on occasion you can have them, or get them out of your diet 100%? like cocoa butter. its in chocolate. do i have to give up chocolate? cuz if thats the case im not doing this.

3. as for the red meats. if i dont eat any in a year wont my body react negatively to them when i do eat them? i ask this b/c i have several friends who are vegetarian. one of them is so b/c his parents are. i have seen him eat chicken a few times though w/o any problems, which was a bit odd since if a vegetarian eats meat, they supposedly will get sick.

thanks for the help
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

The answers:

1. Two servings means two servings. So no, you're not allowed to go over that amount. Not even by one extra serving.

2. The foods you're supposed to avoid have to be 100% removed from your diet. That means you're not even allowed to have them occasionally, and that includes chocolate made with cocoa butter.

Nonfat ice cream made with alkali-processed cocoa powder is allowed, but only as an occasional treat. Fat-free chocolate syrup is allowed.

Here's a link to a discussion of chocolate on a Swank message board:

http://69.5.2.192/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB....num=1028913160

3. If you've been eating poultry and fish during your first year on the diet, adding red meat back in shouldn't pose a digestive problem.

(As for vegetarians who avoid all animal protein, eating chicken occasionally or starting to eat meat again regularly may cause digestive problems for some, but not others.)

Comment

thanks, but i guess ill have to go on my version of this instead of follow it to a T.
      Learn from yesterday
      Live for today
      Hope for tomorrow

Comment

Working...
      X