PPMS and Gluten Free Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPMS and Gluten Free Help please

I have been diagnosed with PPMS and am looking for help from those with PPMS who have gone gluten free..basically anything that would indicate that going gluten free has made any kind of real difference in their symptoms..I do not mind trying new things and I will likely try it anyway but I do not want to get my hopes up that it will help..just curious about others experiences, Thanks

power

I am new to MS (3 months) so I do not have long term info to share. I can tell you I have lost weight since going gluten free, so that is a good thing. Probably due to not eating packaged/easy food.

I also feel like I have SOME small piece of power over this awful situation. I have lost so much control over my mind, my aches and pains, my enthusiasm, that by going gluten free, I have created one little corner that I have control over. Hopefully when I have a follow up MRI, the results will be good, and I can say I was right about going gf.

Of course my neuro pooh poohs the whole concept. I just smile at him, cuz what is being gf hurting?
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

I was diagnosed PPMS 5 mos ago...after 8 years of denial and laziness... I had a "never thought it would be me" mentality. I am following the Best Bet diet and so far gluten free is not bad. I used to eat bread everyday...probably a loaf a week at least. I have to say I feel pretty good. I don't feel fatigued and not a whole lot of aches. My energy is up and I have noticed little things improving. Better bladder control, numbness that would come and go in one hand no longer there for example. BUT I have also cut out dairy and made sure to follow a routine to exercise regularly & supplements. (I recently added Black Seed oil) so do I think gluten free has helped? yes. But it is only one part of the puzzle. The only thing that really bugs me about gluten free....is the price $5.00 for a small loaf of bread or 4 hot dog buns......wow. Going to start making my own soon.

Comment

Originally posted by zilphia01 View Post
        I am new to MS (3 months) so I do not have long term info to share. I can tell you I have lost weight since going gluten free, so that is a good thing. Probably due to not eating packaged/easy food.

I also feel like I have SOME small piece of power over this awful situation. I have lost so much control over my mind, my aches and pains, my enthusiasm, that by going gluten free, I have created one little corner that I have control over. Hopefully when I have a follow up MRI, the results will be good, and I can say I was right about going gf.

Of course my neuro pooh poohs the whole concept. I just smile at him, cuz what is being gf hurting?
        POWER, says it all! Your diet is something you have control over.
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Rascal,Friend~~
          I went Gluten free 4 yrs ago..I have cheated now and then.When I cheat i am so MS "sick." I have numerous food sensitivities~UGH~ only figured it out by having skin hives and swelling..a blessing in disguise.
          Since I have been Gluten free, My cognitive problems have improved,my symptoms of being Flu like sick have been less.
          I do know for me being Gluten free is an improvement.
          I wish you well,it is worth a try~~Be Well~~

Comment

Working...
          X