immunoglobulins ? and gluten ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

immunoglobulins ? and gluten ?

Hi I have 2 questions. I'm trying gluten-free. Whole foods has a great ready-to-eat roasted chicken which does have wheat flour in the ingredients. Am I okay to eat this if I don't eat the skin?

And just started BioPure Whey Protein with Immunoglobulins. Starting to have minor sensory issues. Just wondering is this a good thing for someone with MS to take since it increases the activity of the immune system? It was recommended by a chiropractor. Was too tired at the end of the visit to think enough to ask questions.

thanks

I wouldn't think the chicken would be a good idea. Any type of wheat products, even in the skin, could contaminate the rest of the food.

Not sure about your other question. Try discontinuing the product and see if your sensory symptoms go away.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Hello Diaba, Its not truly GF, but removing the skin is helpful. I think you're on the right path and as you progress in this GF journey you'll get more and more detailed and you'll have better results.
      Unless your eliminate it completely you'll never truly know how much it may be affecting you.

Improving/supporting the immune system.
      This is my debate: The medical approach is the quicky, down and dirty; suppress the immune system. Like CHemo,-kill all cells.
      My argument and philosophy is; teach the immune system to "behave better". Its true for all auto-immune disorders- I use the same approach for RA, Crohn's, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, lupus, Sjogren's syndrome, etc....
      Gluten free in my >20 years of practice continues to be the #1 intolerance and produces the most dramatic, positive changes.

Whey w immunoglobulins (colostrum?) hard to say whats causing the sensory issues.... do a challenge test w it.
      I think colostrum-type products are useful, but I use them more in situations. I want that immune boost when needed, not so much as a continuous -use product.
      NutritionTara
      Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Thanks for the replys.

Tara, I also am also positive for lyme/babesia in addition to MS. I'm concerned the immunoglobulins might be hitting those and am having ear fullness/discomfort and louder tinnitus.

I have not tolerated any treatments for the lyme/babesia due to bad reactions to herbs/meds/electric frequencies etc. So have stopped the protein powder for now to see if my ear symptoms calm down.

I know this is an MS board, but just wondering about your thoughts on this.

thanks, diana

Comment

ok, wow, now its very complicated.

Interesting to note: antibodies produced in response to the flagellin protein of the spirochete can react w myelin proteins and create axonal dysfunction.

There's a lot of theory & evidence to spirochete diseases being responsible for neurological problems. I am in no way knowledgeable enough in this area.

I have seen and read about antibiotic therapy necessary for 2 years for lyme.
          And when you say you don't tolerate any treatments for lyme - most doctors don't understand the frequent occurrence of a "Herx" reaction when starting antibiotic therapy - toxins from the "die-off".

This is really complicated. I would encourage you to seek an expert. Don't have any recommendations, sorry
          NutritionTara

Comment

thanks tara,

diana

Comment

Diana, I just re-read my previous post. I hope I didn't make you feel hopeless or sad. Sometimes I'm too cerebral with my answers.

Castor packs do a search for my previous posts.
              This is a simple suggestion but if done on a regular bases -will support your immune system and continue to clear toxins released by the invader. The by products produced by these guys continually create side effects that make you miserable. And if you do try another treatment protocol your body will be stronger and this should help make the treatment more tolerable so you can get some results.
              Good luck
              NutritionTara

Comment

Working...
              X