Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi anyone taking omega 3s?

hi

so i have been taking omega's 3s purfiied fish oil 1x a day i just increased it to 2x a day.

rumor has it, it can help replace some of the damaged mylien sheath dont' know if i'm spelling it right.

i also changed my diet to alot of fish, cod, salmon etc. and i'm taking tumeric for swelling.

anyone see a difference using omega 3s?
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

I'm currently taking krill oil and flaxseed oil. I haven't noticed any difference in my symptoms, but I plan on continuing to take both oils because of the research showing they're beneficial for MS.

The fish oil and turmeric you're taking both have blood-thinning effects, so be careful not to take too much. Watch for unusual bruising, and maybe discuss the issue with your doctor or pharmacist.

Comment

so, the other two you are taking do not have the risk of that? i dont know why i began the tumeric i think for swelling....

lol gotta love the memory
      Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine008 View Post
        so, the other two you are taking do not have the risk of that? i dont know why i began the tumeric i think for swelling....

lol gotta love the memory

Yes, the krill oil and flaxseed oil I take do thin the blood. Some blood-thinning isn't necessarily a bad thing...in fact, for many people it's beneficial.

We just have to be careful we don't overdo it.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine008 View Post
          hi

so i have been taking omega's 3s purfiied fish oil 1x a day i just increased it to 2x a day.

rumor has it, it can help replace some of the damaged mylien sheath dont' know if i'm spelling it right.

i also changed my diet to alot of fish, cod, salmon etc. and i'm taking tumeric for swelling.

anyone see a difference using omega 3s?
          Whats your tumeric dose for swelling? is it helping?
          NutritionTara
          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

hi i'm taking 400mg once or twice a day as needed. I do find my swelling in my knees particularly has decreased alot.

i am now looking to solve the spascity issue next and just overall legs feeling heavy each day. i can totally deal w/it yet i'd rather not lol.

also i wanted to tell everyone disomin which in europe a script is needed for it is a huge huge benefit to me. i tried it 3 mos ago my circulation has been i'd say 90% better. i ididnt' feel the effects until i hit day 30 than wow it was like night and day.

the name of the product i use is lovely legs. i suggest you all go and get it! i am thinking of increasing my dose for summer because the swelling returned a bit today with the extreme heat of 85 out
            Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

Hi sunshine,

Your thread on Diosmin is now located in the Medications forum.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=111682

Comment

omega3

I have taken Omega 3 for the last few years and it seems to prevent me from ever catching colds etc.

Comment

Question about the brand..

My sister were planning to purchase an omega 3 fish oil supplement this month. Can you suggest a good brand?? They said that supp. from Nordic is great while I've read in some blog, that Maxalife's Omega 3 Fish Oil is the purest in the world?? What are the characteristics of a good omega 3? My sister were so amaze about the great benefits that this supplement can offer in a particular person.. Hope someone can reply on me...Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by heidelee View Post
                    My sister were planning to purchase an omega 3 fish oil supplement this month. Can you suggest a good brand?? They said that supp. from Nordic is great while I've read in some blog, that Maxalife's Omega 3 Fish Oil is the purest in the world?? What are the characteristics of a good omega 3? My sister were so amaze about the great benefits that this supplement can offer in a particular person.. Hope someone can reply on me...Thanks!!
                    What blog was that, heidelee?

There is no evidence that Maxalife's Omega 3 Fish Oil is "the purest in the world." This sounds like a sales pitch to me.

Comment

i also take omega 3. no repairing that i`m aware of. may need to try the tumeric for my swelling. thanks for the tip! a dr once told me that many vitamins and herbs acted as a blood thinnner. (with my memory though, who knows!) good luck. keep us posted.

dave
                      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                      volunteer
                      MS World
                      hunterd@msworld.org
                      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I just started taking Fish Oil Omega 3. Because I read that taking it can help with inflammation, immune system and heart and vascular health. So we shall see how it goes. This is only my 2nd day.

Also bought Magnesium. Read that to take it at bed time to help me sleep. And also read that it's supposed to help with spasticity and pain. Also constipation, LOL.

I take B12, cuz I did read it's supposed to help the Myelin grow faster. Helps with the Nervous system, proper body function, brain and nerve cells. DR. Perl Mutter said B12 helps formation and function of Myelin during exacerbation.

Now this is from my own research and studying. Nothing is proven. And I have no idea if it will help at all.
                        What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Yes, yes and yes. I take flax oil every day. To start, you should tank up on fish oil and then transition to flax. But depending on the type of fish oil, you will need a lot to achieve an immune benefit. You can read here and there are further sources referenced.

http://www.overcomingmultiplescleros...esources/FAQs/

Comment

i do ... switched between flaxseed and a product called 'udo oil' at the start ... for the last hmmm 8 yrs i've been using hempseed oil which i find is the best - i take 2 tblsp twice a day with meals - if i had to pick this is the best supplement i take

Comment

Working...
                            X