Goalposters exercise check in 03-21-2024

Made goal.

2x silver Sneakers
    2x PT at home
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hi Mamabug,

Good week!

Mine went well also. The routines were the same as previous but executed in different order with out any problems. And a few new things, like squats and 'plank' position, thrown in as well. Add stretching, cardio, elliptical and resistance equipment... 7 hours?.

I cannot say that my walking is improving but it hasn't gotten any worse either. I noticed that on dry (less humidity) days my flexibility and my very poor grip appear worse. Some moisture improves the grip but cannot understand why it improves the flexibility too?

Side 's... Reached out with some calls. A birthday get together with a friend. Heard about another friends passing, sadly. And did a fair amount of reading too,

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Hello everyone!

Nice work on your exercises (and other activities) Mamabug and Jer!

I did arm, leg, and core exercises.

I am bummed out, as my physical therapy sessions ran out before reaching the goals of sit-to-stand by myself and taking steps.

Insurance companies don't take into consideration that PwMS need more time and practice to rehabilitate their muscle memory, due to faulty nerve signaling.

So here I am, not able to stand up on my own or take steps.

I'm really dependent on the aides for most everything, which I am not at all fond of.

Don't know when I will be eligible for more PT sessions.

Anyway, hope we all have a pleasant week.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        Hello everyone!

Nice work on your exercises (and other activities) Mamabug and Jer!

I did arm, leg, and core exercises.

I am bummed out, as my physical therapy sessions ran out before reaching the goals of sit-to-stand by myself and taking steps.

Insurance companies don't take into consideration that PwMS need more time and practice to rehabilitate their muscle memory, due to faulty nerve signaling.

So here I am, not able to stand up on my own or take steps.

I'm really dependent on the aides for most everything, which I am not at all fond of.

Don't know when I will be eligible for more PT sessions.

Anyway, hope we all have a pleasant week.

Hi KoKo,

That you continued on the exercises that you can do says a lot KoKo!

My only comment as to insurance companies is better kept to myself. The moderators would need to do a fair amount of editing if I got started.

Being dependent is another subject anyone with our affliction dreads.

So I'm wondering if there may be an aide there that would listen to you regarding sit-to-stand? Just plant the seed as to what they might suggest? Their knowledge is more extensive than distributing pills and meals, etc. Being called upon to think about your desire to improve yourself through their know-how may be a way to go?

Hope you are eligible for PT again soon.

Oh... Did you see my latest post... regarding a continuous thread?

Comment

Working...
        X