Goalposters exercise check in 01-25-2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check in 01-25-2024

Didn't do much. It's starting to warm up. Maybe I'll do better next week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hey Mamabug and everyone!

I had OT and PT all week. I seem to be making some progress,

I was able to stand for 10 minutes holding on to my walker. It was hard work!

We were going to use a standing frame, but PT decided that the 'seat' and 'knee supports' on the frame might be too easy for me to rely on, thus slowing some progress.

OT has been using the resistance bands on my arm and core.

I can hardly wait until I can sit-to-stand by myself and take steps again.

I just don't do very well waiting for and depending on the aides for these things!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      Didn't do much. It's starting to warm up. Maybe I'll do better next week.

Hi Faith,

Been a week since this posting, so did the weather improve enough to get to any Silver Sneaker classes? or how about that Bike / Trike thing you do with your husband?

Hope the end of January when better than the winter you experienced out in the plains states.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        Hey Mamabug and everyone!

I had OT and PT all week. I seem to be making some progress,

I was able to stand for 10 minutes holding on to my walker. It was hard work!

We were going to use a standing frame, but PT decided that the 'seat' and 'knee supports' on the frame might be too easy for me to rely on, thus slowing some progress.

OT has been using the resistance bands on my arm and core.

I can hardly wait until I can sit-to-stand by myself and take steps again.

I just don't do very well waiting for and depending on the aides for these things!

Hey KoKo!

As to the PT comments regarding '...might be too easy for me to rely on...,' I get it. But did you do a routine that wasn't dependent on the 'standing frame'? Aside from your mention of OT and band work on core.

I'd be interested in what they asked you to do.

I have the same frame of mind as to doing things by myself, independent of aids etc, but remember the UTI setback cost time and with it exercise. So use the waiting to do something else....

...engage that poetic side or maybe some French n'est pas?

Comment

Hello Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Hey KoKo!

As to the PT comments regarding '...might be too easy for me to rely on...,' I get it. But did you do a routine that wasn't dependent on the 'standing frame'? Aside from your mention of OT and band work on core.

"I was able to stand for 10 minutes holding on to my walker. It was hard work!"

The routine: PT helps me sit-to-stand with gait belt around my waist, and my left hand on walker handle bar.

Once I'm stable with knees straight, she places my right hand on the other walker handlebar.

Then she turns her stopwatch on and times how long I can stand before my legs give out.

We've gone from 1 1/2 minutes to currently 10 minutes.

I'd be interested in what they asked you to do.

I have the same frame of mind as to doing things by myself, independent of aids etc, but remember the UTI setback cost time and with it exercise. So use the waiting to do something else....

...engage that poetic side or maybe some French n'est pas?

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Hi Faith,

Been a week since this posting, so did the weather improve enough to get to any Silver Sneaker classes? or how about that Bike / Trike thing you do with your husband?

Hope the end of January when better than the winter you experienced out in the plains states.
            I'd waited to exercise last week but ended up with schedule conflicts both Silver Sneakers days.

No bike/trike yet. Hubby needs to do some fix ups; maybe sometime.

~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

hi koko
              i havent been here for so long. I wanted to see who was on line and saw your name and a smile came to my face. I remeber when you first joined and newly DX. At any rate great to see your an administrator. send a line and tell me how you are. best Roxy118

Comment

Hello Roxy!

It's great to hear from you!

Thank you so much for your kind words.

How have you been doing?

I reside in a nursing home now (since May of this year).

I was in assisted living for a year before that.

A recent UTI has set me back some, but I am getting OT and PT to help restore my ability to stand and take steps once again.

Please check back and let us know how you are doing Roxy!

Hopefully you are managing well.

Comment

I'm also sending a hello to Roxie!
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                  X