• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters weekly check-in for 1/15 through 1/19 2024

Goalposter's weekly check-in for 1/15 through 1/19, 2024

3 checked in last week
    2 made goals, with one under the weather

Feel free to tell us how you're doing with your winter goals or resolutions!

Hey Jer and Mamabug and everyone!

My goal at this time is to participate in OT and PT so I can get back to being able to stand and take steps again on my own.

I had OT all week, Monday thru Friday,

We worked on core, arm, and leg muscles.

We used the resistance bands and also used a stand / transfer assist lift.

I pull myself up on the lift, and there are knee pads that my knees rest against to keep them locked.and straight.

PT on Monday is going to use a standing frame.

I'll let you know next week how that goes.

Hope you all keep warm and safe (warmer weather on the way this week for here in Northwestern Ohio!)
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Hey Jer and Mamabug and everyone!

My goal at this time is to participate in OT and PT so I can get back to being able to stand and take steps again on my own.

I had OT all week, Monday thru Friday,

We worked on core, arm, and leg muscles.

We used the resistance bands...
      Really strong start KoKo! Guessing (and hoping) the UTI issues are in the past!? Don't expect miracles but this coming week should show improvements.

...and also used a stand / transfer assist lift.

I pull myself up on the lift, and there are knee pads that my knees rest against to keep them locked.and straight.

PT on Monday is going to use a standing frame.

I'll let you know next week how that goes.
      Yes to hearing about this equipment! And others reading this will be able to apply lessons from your explanations, as I know I will.

Hope you all keep warm and safe (warmer weather on the way this week for here in Northwestern Ohio!)

Thanks K... I was going to report on the weather related thread, but in south central PA. only 2 days of snow @ 3"+ each... some wind in 20s. Compared to others, a walk in the park.

Comment

Working...
      X