Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check in 01-11-2024

Checking in.

It's been very cold here last week and this week. I'm not getting out to Silver Sneakers. Only doing PT exercises at home occasionally.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hi Faith! We're expecting that cold tonight and throughout the week. But it is winter.

Glad to hear from you! It's been four weeks since my last Goalposter posting.

I stayed solid regarding time spent and variety in workouts & stretching. Thinking it is easier for me being in an independent living facility, in house gym, no family, a few friends visiting and some phone calls... and no cooking!

Adding more mental and spiritual thinking appears to be happening!... without any goal setting on my part? Season related, no? I'm grateful for being in a better place regardless of understanding why.

All in all, things are fine. These last few weeks have seen a rise in attendance at the gym! Season related, yup. We'll see if any last until Valentine's Day.

Sadly lost another distant friend right near Christmas. As per wife he had not been himself this past year, although very good on evening an aneurysm occured. A prayer is appreciated.

Probably more happened but TMI and less is more!

Let's everyone make it a great year!

Comment

Hello Mamabug and Jer!

Glad to hear from you!

I've been unwell for the past few weeks.

UTi accompanied by increase in MS progression.

Been on an antibiotic for the infection.

PT / OT trying to get my physical abilities back to where they were before the infection.

I've been a 'total' care for the past few weeks, which is not in my nature at all!

Looking forward to recovery, even if it is challenging along the way.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        Hello Mamabug and Jer!

Glad to hear from you!

I've been unwell for the past few weeks.

UTi accompanied by increase in MS progression.

Been on an antibiotic for the infection.

Hi KoKo!

I know about UTIs only from MSW. A full course of antibiotics​ should do the trick. And my go-to is always prayer, after all there are far worse maladies.

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

PT / OT trying to get my physical abilities back to where they were before the infection.

I've been a 'total' care for the past few weeks, which is not in my nature at all!

Looking forward to recovery, even if it is challenging along the way.

Yeah, the PT / OT take time but the breathing thing you mention often helps focus your efforts AND reduces stress. I'm not talking 'Call the Midwife' here, simply remembering steady breathing.

You'll be back sooner than you think.

And Mamabug... stay warm. I'm heading to YouTube to find highlights of the KC / Miami game. It was available on a subscription platform I don't have.

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Hi KoKo!

I know about UTIs only from MSW. A full course of antibiotics​ should do the trick. And my go-to is always prayer, after all there are far worse maladies.

Yeah, the PT / OT take time but the breathing thing you mention often helps focus your efforts AND reduces stress. I'm not talking 'Call the Midwife' here, simply remembering steady breathing.

You'll be back sooner than you think.:
          Thanks Jer! Appreciate your support and encouragement!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Yeah, that KC game would have been COLD! Koko, a few weeks sounds like a long time to feel unwell. I hope those antibiotics kick in soon.

I used to get UTIs once or twice a year or more. I haven't had one, now, for over ten years. They aren't fun.

- Faith
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              Yeah, that KC game would have been COLD! Koko, a few weeks sounds like a long time to feel unwell. I hope those antibiotics kick in soon.

I used to get UTIs once or twice a year or more. I haven't had one, now, for over ten years. They aren't fun.

- Faith
              This is my first UTI since having MS!

I've taken Vit C and cranberry supplements forever, it seems.

Comment

I used to take DMannose regularly for prevention. It's also supposed to cure it in larger, more frequent doses.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                X