Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12/14 Check-In

Hello everyone!

I'm hoping that everything is OK with Mamabug, as it's been a while since she's been around here (3 weeks?).

We are missing you Mamabug!

Haven't seen Jer around here either.

We're missing you too, Jer!

If anyone would like to check-in with your efforts at getting some physical activity or exercises achieved over the past few weeks, please feel free to share.

Also, if you would like to make some exercise goals, let us know and check-in next week with your results.

We support each other's efforts!
    Last edited by KoKo; 12-14-2023, 11:34 AM.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Hey everyone!

My physical activities / exercises have remained the same over the past few months.

I suppose with PPMS, we can say that it's a positive thing.

Along with my ADL's, (which are exercises for me as they take much effort), I also do very short walks and short times of standing daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises (some passive), pelvic tilts / bridges, and breathing exercises.

None of my exercises are strenuous, and yet (due to weakness) they sure feel like they are very strenuous!

However, let me say that no matter how challenging things are, I am extremely thankful for every ability that I do presently have.

I am still doing my best at living one day at a time, taking each day as it comes. This works for me, as life doesn't seem so overwhelming when I stay in the present.

Wishing you a pleasant and peaceful week!
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Hello everyone!

I'm hoping that everything is OK with Mamabug, as it's been a while since she's been around here (3 weeks?).

We are missing you Mamabug!

Haven't seen Jer around here either.

We're missing you too, Jer!

If anyone would like to check-in with your efforts at getting some physical activity or exercises achieved over the past few weeks, please feel free to share.

Also, if you would like to make some exercise goals, let us know and check-in next week with your results.

We support each other's efforts!

Still here too KoKo! And it will be 4 weeks tomorrow for me posting!

Glad you started the thread. I was going to, but stopped. Thought Faith and you and others have a lot going on at this time of year. Less time to read and reach out to cyber friends?

So for those reading and those following their own routines... Welcome!

Let us know how you're doing as another year ends.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        Hey everyone!

My physical activities / exercises have remained the same over the past few months.

I suppose with PPMS, we can say that it's a positive thing.

Along with my ADL's, (which are exercises for me as they take much effort), I also do very short walks and short times of standing daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises (some passive), pelvic tilts / bridges, and breathing exercises.

None of my exercises are strenuous, and yet (due to weakness) they sure feel like they are very strenuous!

However, let me say that no matter how challenging things are, I am extremely thankful for every ability that I do presently have.

I am still doing my best at living one day at a time, taking each day as it comes. This works for me, as life doesn't seem so overwhelming when I stay in the present.

Wishing you a pleasant and peaceful week!

After tomorrows session, it will have been 4 weeks of success in all gym work and stretching. Added to the earlier 2-3 months of developing varied leg work, the year is ending on a high-note.

I agree with you KoKo, with PPMS, that's a positive thing! Even used the word plateau at times!

Also; The last 6-7 days have each contained something additional or unexpected that I managed to be of assistance with...no problem, despite initial doubts! Should have led with this. Spiritual, physical, mental have a relationship of which reason knows nothing.*

Positive s:

A steady email, call or visit with more expected next week have kept the few challenges (intermittent sleep and some morning vertigo) in perspective.

Advent is going very well, spiritual efforts are rewarded in ways I don't have words for... even when trying to hammer together a thread for the gratitude journal? I will say this: Prayer works. Just remember... not necessarily as you would have it.

* with apologies to Blaise Pascal

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

After tomorrows session, it will have been 4 weeks of success in all gym work and stretching. Added to the earlier 2-3 months of developing varied leg work, the year is ending on a high-note.

That is fantastic! I love those high-notes!

I agree with you KoKo, with PPMS, that's a positive thing! Even used the word plateau at times!

Also; The last 6-7 days have each contained something additional or unexpected that I managed to be of assistance with...no problem, despite initial doubts! Should have led with this. Spiritual, physical, mental have a relationship of which reason knows nothing.*

Sounds like you were 'in tune' with the universe! An indescribable feeling!

Positive s:

A steady email, call or visit with more expected next week have kept the few challenges (intermittent sleep and some morning vertigo) in perspective.

It does help to put the focus on others, away from our own stuff, when the opportunity is there.

Advent is going very well, spiritual efforts are rewarded in ways I don't have words for... even when trying to hammer together a thread for the gratitude journal? I will say this: Prayer works. Just remember... not necessarily as you would have it.

Thank you for the spiritual and emotional booster!

* with apologies to Blaise Pascal

Comment

Thanks for the 'High-Notes' and 'In-Tune' comments KoKo!

Things have been pretty good lately. Just finished the weeks exercise regiment which has become so much a part of life that regiment just sounds wrong?!

Around here everything has become decorated for the holiday!

And the influx of relatives is on the upswing too. I like observing . Reminds me, in a way, of NYC at Christmas. The joys of the city are many, but simply 'people watching'... like 'window shopping,' can't be beat.

Mamabug! Bourdeaux! Sasha! Drop a note!

Comment

Hi; I'm fine. Just still busy with the moving in (and out) thing. And holiday season. Hosted 20 people for thanksgiving. Trying to make Christmas easier. I just responded to seasha 's Christmas thread.

And grandchildren. They are over almost daily, which we love. They choose to come play card games and board games with me instead of other things they could be doing. What a blessing!

Sorry I've been so MIA.

Still going to silver Sneakers once or twice a week and trying to do some PT at home.

- Faith
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                Hi; I'm fine. Just still busy with the moving in (and out) thing. And holiday season. Hosted 20 people for thanksgiving. Trying to make Christmas easier. I just responded to seasha 's Christmas thread.

And grandchildren. They are over almost daily, which we love. They choose to come play card games and board games with me instead of other things they could be doing. What a blessing!

Sorry I've been so MIA.

Still going to silver Sneakers once or twice a week and trying to do some PT at home.

- Faith

I'm so glad to hear that you are fine, and having a busy, (but it also sounds wonderful) holiday season!

Obviously, you are getting physical activities achieved!

Comment

Thanks, Koko. I hope you all had an awesome Christmas!
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                  X