Goalposters exercise check in, 11-16-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check in, 11-16-2023

Still didn't do much. Knee finally got fixed for a few days, so I did pt at home one day. But it's bothering me, somewhat, again. Cold is improved but not gone.

I did go to silver Sneakers today, in spite of my knee, but that will show up on next week's report.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hi Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    Still didn't do much. Knee finally got fixed for a few days, so I did pt at home one day. But it's bothering me, somewhat, again. Cold is improved but not gone.

I did go to silver Sneakers today, in spite of my knee, but that will show up on next week's report.
    Darn, was hoping your knee was better with the chiro and also that your cold was gone.

Maybe a few more rest days will do the trick.

Best wishes Mamabug!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

My week went well with accomplishing my goals.

Besides ADL's, which are exercises for me as they take much effort, I also do short walks and short times of standing daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises, pelvic tilts / bridges, and breathing exercises.

I haven't added any new exercises other than some pelvic tilts / bridges (which I do in my recliner while in the totally flat position).

I certainly would love to be at the point of feeling that extra strength and energy oomph, enough to add more. But for now, all my energy and strength is spoken for.

Had a visit from my sister and brother-in-law which is always very nice.

Of course, they brought some junk food (a box of various small bags of chips, doritos, cheese curls, etc) and some small Reeses peanut butter cups.

I liberally share them with the nurse aides. I also get a large plastic tub of popcorn, provided by the recreation department, every week too!

The popcorn is a healthy whole grain.

Well, that's all for now...

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Will go back to chiropractor this afternoon. I might have dx the trigger for the knee problem. Our new house has a 25' hallway that slopes downward to get from the kitchen door to the attached garage.

I use a handrail on one side and a cane on the other. But I think it's that "walk" that is aggravating my knee. I'll ask the chiro for some tips on how to navigate that hallway.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          Will go back to chiropractor this afternoon. I might have dx the trigger for the knee problem. Our new house has a 25' hallway that slopes downward to get from the kitchen door to the attached garage.

I use a handrail on one side and a cane on the other. But I think it's that "walk" that is aggravating my knee. I'll ask the chiro for some tips on how to navigate that hallway.
          Oh, that makes sense, especially with the slope.

I bet you're right about that triggering your knee discomfort.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Patience continues to be necessary, more so with MS unfortunately. Thoughts and prayers Mamabug!

Thanks for your report KoKo. A good mix of stuff, along with working within your limits is work just the same.

Guessing here but are pelvic tilts / bridges similar to a 'plank' (lie flat on floor face down, toes toward floor, then raise body, maintaining straightness, up on forearms and hold for a count of 30+)? Use to do these more often... thanks for the reminder.

Also glad the Halloween spirit has drifted into November. Small Reeses peanut butter cups! Love 'em!

Almost afraid to say my report is kind of a streak Briefly...

Leg exercise has been showing more benefit for longer periods of time. With the inconsistency that is MS, this surely has an event horizon but for now, I'll take the ride!

Also the floor work (shifting / rolling body left to right side, etc) when working different leg routines continues to help my poor right side arm. Nothing monumental ​but arms limitations have not gone further into shoulder. There is some pain but it's the 'feels good' variety.

Side s: A friend will be dropping by before T'day for a brief visit. Some social phone calls brought both sad and glad accounts of happenings across the country. Received some pics also!

And sadly, no Popcorn available here KoKo, unless you go to the theater. They make some during an intermission. But I have become addicted to large chocolate milkshakes. Once a week lately. Sounds like another kind of a streak?

Let's keep at it. Happy Thanksgiving pilgrims!

Comment

Hello Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Thanks for your report KoKo. A good mix of stuff, along with working within your limits is work just the same.

With MS, seems like everything we do takes extra effort.

Guessing here but are pelvic tilts / bridges similar to a 'plank' (lie flat on floor face down, toes toward floor, then raise body, maintaining straightness, up on forearms and hold for a count of 30+)? Use to do these more often... thanks for the reminder.

For pelvic tilts, you lay on your back, knees bent, arms at sides laying flat with palms facing down.

Then lift your butt and pelvis.

For bridges, you lift higher, elevating
              your back also.

Also glad the Halloween spirit has drifted into November. Small Reeses peanut butter cups! Love 'em!

Almost afraid to say my report is kind of a streak Briefly...
              Leg exercise has been showing more benefit for longer periods of time. With the inconsistency that is MS, this surely has an event horizon but for now, I'll take the ride!

Good outlook! Live in the present.

Also the floor work (shifting / rolling body left to right side, etc) when working different leg routines continues to help my poor right side arm. Nothing monumental ​but arms limitations have not gone further into shoulder. There is some pain but it's the 'feels good' variety.

It's nice to realize some benefits from working on our exercises!

Side s: A friend will be dropping by before T'day for a brief visit. Some social phone calls brought both sad and glad accounts of happenings across the country. Received some pics also!

Mr. Social Butterfly still fluttering!

And sadly, no Popcorn available here KoKo, unless you go to the theater. They make some during an intermission. But I have become addicted to large chocolate milkshakes. Once a week lately. Sounds like another kind of a streak?

Getting your calcium! Some protein and calories too.

Let's keep at it. Happy Thanksgiving pilgrims!
              OK!

Comment

Hey KoKo!

Wanted to say thanks for the explanation (tilts / bridges). And I'm in agreement as to exercise benefits... even the smallest thing when noticed can lift my spirits. More to be thankful for, eh?

Oh, and... thankful for the administrators and moderators here at MSW too!

Comment

Working...
                X