Goalposters exercise check-in 11-09-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check-in 11-09-2023

Did not make any goals this week. I've had Chiro issues all for 8 days - 2 knees and 2 hips out of alignment. Had one appointment already -- didn't help. Going back for a second appointment this afternoon.

Have also had a really bad cold for 4 days. I don't think it's more than that; I've already had my flu shot and the most recent COVID-19 booster.

Yucky week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hello Mamabug!

I'm sorry to learn that you've been dealing with chiro issues and also a bad cold.

I'm glad that you are taking time to rest and heal.

Good luck with your chiro appointment.

Rest well and get better soon.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

My week went better, thankfully.

I achieved partial goals, doing what I could with short walks and short times of standing daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises, pelvic tilts / bridges, and breathing exercises.

The nurse aides have been helping me to get up from the commode, since my own 'lift-off' from the commode has been using up way too much energy and strength (taking at least 15 attempts and often times more than that) to get up myself. It was wearing me out!

I'm not real fond of having to wait when I put my call light on while on the commode, but grateful for the help, nevertheless.

My sister brought me a pole-dancing rag, (which is infused with beeswax), called Trick Tac.

When you wipe your hands with the rag, it leaves a sticky coating. This helps with my hands and fingers which slide off of my walker handles due to loss of feeling, or sense of touch.

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I really enjoy the food here!

I look forward to mealtimes.

But alas, I just can't seem to gain any weight. I gained 5 pounds during the first couple months here, but none since.

I'm weighed monthly now and weigh almost exactly the same each month.

Ok, I'm done for now...

Hope your week is healthy, peaceful, and hopeful!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        Did not make any goals this week. I've had Chiro issues all for 8 days - 2 knees and 2 hips out of alignment. Had one appointment already -- didn't help. Going back for a second appointment this afternoon.

Have also had a really bad cold for 4 days. I don't think it's more than that; I've already had my flu shot and the most recent COVID-19 booster.

Yucky week.

Yikes Mamabug!

Yucky fits. Hope the chiropractor helped... You'll just need to wait out the cold. Better luck next week.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Hi everyone!

My week went better, thankfully.

I achieved partial goals, doing what I could with short walks and short times of standing daily, stretches, in-chair ab crunches, arm and leg exercises, pelvic tilts / bridges, and breathing exercises.

The nurse aides have been helping me to get up from the commode, since my own 'lift-off' from the commode has been using up way too much energy and strength (taking at least 15 attempts and often times more than that) to get up myself. It was wearing me out!

I'm not real fond of having to wait when I put my call light on while on the commode, but grateful for the help, nevertheless.

My sister brought me a pole-dancing rag, (which is infused with beeswax), called Trick Tac.

When you wipe your hands with the rag, it leaves a sticky coating. This helps with my hands and fingers which slide off of my walker handles due to loss of feeling, or sense of touch.

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I really enjoy the food here!

I look forward to mealtimes.

But alas, I just can't seem to gain any weight. I gained 5 pounds during the first couple months here, but none since.

I'm weighed monthly now and weigh almost exactly the same each month.

Ok, I'm done for now...

Hope your week is healthy, peaceful, and hopeful!

Glad the week was better than the last few KoKo. Need to have a few uplifting incidents to keep life in balance.

I've though about the 'doing what you can daily' part.... Now I stretch 5 days and exercise 3 days. Have wondered about 5 or 7 days of short exercise and stretching periods. Will let it percolate.

Your decision to ask and wait for assistance in short is a virtue. Prudence means being practical. You recognize that wearing yourself out in any circumstance is foolish.... and then you are grateful! Early Thanksgiving!

What I used to clean wood in preparation for primer.... The tac cloth is now reincarnated as a pole-dancing rag! Don't know whether to laugh or cry, but happy it serves your purpose.

Am I gaining or losing weigh, gaining or losing muscle mass? The OD looks at blood work and the basics and gives me a

Comment

Hi Gang! (Both of you!)

Week when well, I'll say goals made, regardless of the only goal set: maintaining what was established a month ago!

Working out fine with some tweaks and some forgetfullness adding to a very human effort, but making the effort!

Other things have occupied my time. I think it's the 'end-of-another-year-thing' coming on. For me it's contemplative, introspective, creative in a spiritual way? I LIKE IT!

Seems more pronounced than in years past, so I'm going to take a leap here.... I might just be growing up.

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              Hi Gang! (Both of you!)

Week when well, I'll say goals made, regardless of the only goal set: maintaining what was established a month ago!

Working out fine with some tweaks and some forgetfullness adding to a very human effort, but making the effort!

​​Super efforts!

Other things have occupied my time. I think it's the 'end-of-another-year-thing' coming on. For me it's contemplative, introspective, creative in a spiritual way? I LIKE IT!

Seems more pronounced than in years past, so I'm going to take a leap here.... I might just be growing up.

We're supposed to be 'growing' for our entire lives! You're right where you're supposed to be!

Let's keep at it.
              Keeping at it, even though things are different / changing!

Comment

Working...
              X